Neon Tetra Disease

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jimboshrimp

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all please can anyone tell me about neon tetra disease and how long I should be wary of it happening, I've had my 5 neons 4 months now and they've been through high ammonia high nitrite ( fish in cycle due to ignorance on my part) massive ich infection which wiped out all my other fish shrimps and rabbit snail , yet here they are bless em all fine and dandy :) so I read on here about neon tetra disease my water is ammonia 0 nitrite0 nitrate tad over 0 as I have only added couple of plants today thanks to advice yesterday on here :) now I'm not sure if I'm getting paranoid and worrying unduly but please feel free to tell me to behave if that's the case lol 
Thanks again
Angie

Signs of NTD

Red area will look bleached out.
Blue area will have a milky substance, or turn a golden yellow colour.
Black lining around the tail area.
Fish will leave shoal.
Fish will become restless.
Bent spine.
Sometime fish will get thin with a sunken in stomach, or bloat up.
Swimming in an odd manor.
Later stages dropsy, popeye.

If you had the neons for 4 months and haven't show any NTD symptom I wouldn't worry.

Great thanks I'll stop worrying now lol :) definitely none of the above signs I'm glad to say 
Angie 

I had healthy neons for a least a year and decided to get some more.
My mistake and learnt by it by not isolating the new arrivals. The new neons fetched NTD into the tank.
They all showed different symptoms but a lost the whole tank. It was awful.
If you had your 4 months and shown no signs it sounds like there fine to me.

No more for me then :)  think I might get some danios after my hols and another rabbit snail I really liked him but no more before so I can keep eye on everyone 

Just make sure the Danios are compatible with the fish you keep. As you probably know there fin nippers.

Thanks wilder I'll keep that in mind as I say all I have are my 5 little neons and I'd really hate them to get nipped after all they've been through :( 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back