Neon blue platys had babies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jenimer

Reaction score
bought 2 platys end of February. They were with golden honey gouramis. Why not. They were together in fish store. Month later notice babies. I research further into these guys. Also compare to photos. They both looked like females to me. Ok I know they’re gestational period. Get that. Still have 4 babies at 5 weeks old. One of the original 2 died 2-3 weeks ago. Somehow there’s more babies!! As of last week. How!!????

Female livebearers can carry up to 6 sperm packets from breeding with males and they use 1 sperm packet to fertilise each batch of eggs. The gestation period (from the time she fertilises the eggs to when she gives birth to free swimming babies) is about 1 month. After which she will fertilise another batch of eggs using another sperm packet. This allows female livebearers to produce young about once a month for up to 6 months without any males being present.

Female livebearers can carry up to 6 sperm packets from breeding with males and they use 1 sperm packet to fertilise each batch of eggs. The gestation period (from the time she fertilises the eggs to when she gives birth to free swimming babies) is about 1 month. After which she will fertilise another batch of eggs using another sperm packet. This allows female livebearers to produce young about once a month for up to 6 months without any males being present.
THANK YOU!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back