Need Your Advise For my Tank.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Why do they have to complicate a simple device like a gravel cleaner.

Keep the standard gravel cleaner but see if you can find it with a slightly wider diameter tube, and without the squeezy pump part.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RK1WBK/?tag=ff0d01-20

--------------------
Cancel this because it is useless and does not help. Do not waste your money on this type of gravel cleaner.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OYOPNW/?tag=ff0d01-20

-------------------
The purpose of a gravel cleaner is to remove the crap from the gravel and the dirty water at the same time. Your 2nd item appears to suck the crap out of the gravel and traps it in a bag but returns the dirty water to the tank. That is not what you want. The gunk that is in the gravel is nasty and needs to be removed completely along with the dirty water. Having it trapped in a bag for a few minutes is going to allow the really fine particles (including harmful pathogens) to come out of the bag and float around the tank with the fish.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: why
Same thoughts.. i am not sure earlier and ordered both.. will stick to this only.. Thank you.

Hengeli Rasboras aka Glowlight Rasboras are very nice also.

I am still cycling the tank with water changes. Taking care of plants found these living and crawling things in tank please let me know how to take care..looks bit scary.
https://i.imgur.com/ojJXaBC.jpg
.yes i vaccumed twice already and going to fish this weekend
ojJXaBC.jpg

Its a snail, nothing scary about it.

Scary from my cousin words.. Sorry any care that i have to take to avoid them..read some where they populate a lot.. So with nothing in tank regular water changes and vacuuming it came and all my water properties are good..are these guys a good sign or bad

The snail came in on some plants and they don't need anything special to survive and thrive. They eat anything from fish food, plants, algae fish eggs, dead fish, etc.
Personally I would squish it because I hate them in tanks. But everyone else is going to jump up and down and say keep it. They breed prolifically and lay small jelly clusters of eggs in plants and on the glass. If you want snails get mystery/ apple snails, or you can keep the pond snail you currently have. But there will be more in the near future if you leave it in there.

Scary from my cousin words.. Sorry any care that i have to take to avoid them..read some where they populate a lot.. So with nothing in tank regular water changes and vacuuming it came and all my water properties are good..are these guys a good sign or bad

Snails are your best friends in the aquarium. They eat organics, which includes fish excrement, breaking these down faster so the bacteria can get at them. You will never be able to replicate the benefits of snails, so be glad you have them.

The small ones, like bladder or pond or Malaysian Livebearing, are safe for plants. They will multiply according to the available food. So when you see more of them, that means they are finding food which is a good thing. "Food" again means all the organics, not just fish food you add.

Some of my tanks have hundreds, and I welcome them gladly. I certainly do not overfeed my fish, so I know the snails are doing a terrific job.

friends will be friends some times no matter why.. and some times it costs :) .. i have been showing my posts to my friend and how i am trying if i can get honey gourami.. and if it can fit and all.. i live in longisland,NY and they went to princeton today and seems found a local store.. they tried to call me and i was in my gym and couldnt take the call.. i ended up Two ride fire gourami.. fortunately the guy at the store said these are from same family of Honey gourami and this are small and wont grow..

so they bought me two ride fire gourami, 6 neon tetras, 6 harleyquin rasboras.. seems they did following my posts clearly.. i kept them in aquarium today afternoon .. they also bought me couple of Dwarf Sagittaria Please let me know if i can keep them .. i have added stability and prime and feeded them.. all looks good..

V29pj74.jpg

RLPRNj9.jpg

DlvgMj0.jpg

those gouramis are a colour form (man made variation) of the normal honey dwarf gourami.

those gouramis are a colour form (man made variation) of the normal honey dwarf gourami.
so what the store guy said is true then.. and these will be fine.. do i have to take care of any other things for these guys.. Thank you.

Just feed them a varied diet, keep the water clean and they should be fine. Honey dwarf gouramis are pretty hardy fish and usually do well.

i took tropical flakes, colored flakes, and frozen blood worms..and also read we can feed boiled green peas.. can you please suggest any thing else... trying to get driftwood for them..

live or frozen brineshrimp and daphnia. You can also buy brinehsrimp eggs and hatch them out and feed the baby shrimp (called nauplii) to the fish.
mosquitoes and mosquitoe larvae, aphids, small flies and moths, just make sure they are free of any chemicals or pesticides.
marine mix is a frozen food available from petshops. It contains prawn, fish, squid and sometimes green leafy vegetables. You defrost a cube of it and use a pr of scissors to cut it into little bits. Then feed a few bits at a time until the fish are full.

Thank you very much, surely will look for them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back