Need some advice please!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ragnarok

Reaction score
Hello guys,
This is my first post here and i have a question, im going back to my home country and i have some amano shrimp (like 30), 2 corys and 1 otto and i like them too much to leave them here, the question is this:
Could i take the fish and shrimp in a 2L bottle in my checked luggage, for a flight of 3 hours?

Thanks!! ;)

Doesn’t sound like a good idea for many reasons. Oxygen, temp, quarantine policies, etc. The luggage area is not pressurized like the passenger dept is and the bottle could burst. I have had perfume do that.

Doesn’t sound like a good idea for many reasons. Oxygen, temp, quarantine policies, etc. The luggage area is not pressurized like the passenger dept is and the bottle could burst. I have had perfume do that.

Hi, thanks for replying, what about if i send them in a styrofoam box by mail? does it go by plane?

You either pack them up in plastic bags that are put in a couple more bags and put in a bigger bag in an esky. Then take them as livestock on the flight with you and hope they are allowed into the other country. Or you put them in little bags that are sealed up and put in a couple more bags that are sealed up and put them in your carry on luggage and try to sneak them into the other country.

If the shrimp and fish are not allowed to be imported into your country and you get caught, it's off to jail and possibly prison as well as a big fine.

You should contact the country you want to take them to and see if you are allowed to take them in.

If you do take them, put the corydoras in separate bags (1 fish per bag), the oto in another bag and spread the shrimp out in a few bags. Have 1/4 water and 3/4 air in each bag.

Feed the fish and shrimp well for a week before you go and do a big water change and gravel clean each day for the week before you go. Then do not feed them for 24 hours before you go. This will allow them to clean out their digestive tract and the water in the bags will remain cleaner.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back