Reaction score
Tank size: 55l
pH: 7.5
ammonia: dont have a test
nitrite: <0.3
nitrate: dont have a test
kH: 3°
gH: 3°
tank temp: 25° (I'll explain why it's low)

So the 18th of October I got my first fish a dumbo betta.
First day he glass surfed near his air pump which made me turn it off and he stopped. Then i tried it again the next morning and he started again so I removed it.
But yesterday midday he started glass surfing and going in between the leaves of my plants. Which I think was him rubbing against it.
It's been on and off ever since, I did a water change yesterday about 50% to try to get the temperature to rise but it just won't happens I tried two different heaters I own ( bought them used) and they get hot but it seems the water just won't get hotter.
Today I saw him swimming quite low to the flat rocks I have, and I'm wondering if he is itchy.
I started him on a combo of generaltonic from tetramedica and some salt yesterday as I saw he had a golden hue to him and I feared velvet. So his symtomphs hasn't become any better.
He eats like a champion, I gave him quarter of a "frozen" pea that I has heated up in some of his water yesterday and he seemed to love it but today he just took the pieces chewed a couple of times and spit it out no matter how small the pieces was, so I gave him so flakes instead which he gladly ate.
I'm gonna get him some bloodworms soon, just have to find a local fish store that has it.
Does anyone know what I should do? I tried everything I know, and it stresses me out alot knowing he is stressed, he also lives in my bedroom on the other side of the room so I see him often glass surfing on and off.

It's so weird as the first few hours I had him he was happy as could be, squizing through every little space between decor and rocks exploring. Can the glass surfing just be that he is bored? How can I resolve that? Will maybe a floating log help?
I really hoped to breed him, but I don't dare to buy females intill I see he is healthy and fine ( like building a bubblenest )

I know I have already written so much but I want all details to be included as I want to resolve this quick!
He hugs the heater which I can understand, he also goes by the cord, which is close to the glass. To get scratched maybe?
I tried to cover his tank with some scrap clothing as the plastic glass top I have is too big and might fall off with too heavy of a cloth piece. And it left a small hole were I could see in, he freaked out. Just like if you were to push him in to the corner... hope it would stop ich or velvet to reproduce.

I'm at the point I haven't even deared to name him because I'm scared he will die...
I have a YouTube video I can link if anyone wanna see the glass surfing

Update - the tank is heated up.
And he is still surfing. But he stops every time I get his attention, it's like he is stuck in this endless job of glass surfing

What else is in the tank.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Back