Need Help With Flower Ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BethK

Rattie tat tat
Reaction score
I have a bar front garden, well, it's a patio. The landlord never bothered with upkeep of weeding and i am constantly fighting the weeds that grow through the gravel :sad:

I want to make the front of my house look decent, what potted plants would you suggest?

I have a jasmine plat (love the smell) and it's been trained around a heart shaped bamboo type stick, although it's grown a lot that it looks like a bush :lol:

I like color, tulips, bleeding hearts, lavender, pansys.......this would be a whole rescape with flowers. What would you suggest?

length of the patio garden is 3 meters, width I would say 2.5mtrs.

perhaps vertical growerslike delpinium?

ballon flowers?

Geraniums are pretty, Gazania (spelling) are lovely, I prefer the striped ones (and come back yearly). Fuscia (our garden is full of them; they are hardy and the flowers last ages). Chinese Lantern plants are brill.

Coleus aren't flowers but they have nicely coloured leaves.

Bulbs are lovely but the flowers don't last long; Dafodils, tulips, snow drops, etc.

My lavendar doesn't look all that nice but it's thriving (I don't particularly like them anyway).

How about mini or even full sized roses?

If you had somewhere for a trellis; sweet peas (I grew my first batch this year and we had bunches and bunches of flowers off them) - plus everyone commented on how nice they were.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back