Need help setting up the pump in my aqua one betta trio tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thats great :)

Glad it sorted and hopefully the elbow will do the trick.

Do let us know the outcome if its all working when you get the parts in the mail.

Thats great :)

Glad it sorted and hopefully the elbow will do the trick.

Do let us know the outcome if its all working when you get the parts in the mail.
I will!! :) I cant wait to get it all put together!! I even bought Moss balls to put in there, I'm not sure if I will do real plants besides the moss balls. Im afraid I would kill them.

Moss balls are pretty much indestructable :lol:

In fact these moss ball is not actually moss, its a type of algae that keeps a circlular structure somehow.

When you put it in the tank, turn over the moss ball every couple of weeks or so, stops it rotting at the bottom ;)

I started with one that was about 1.5 inch diameter, its now just over 5 inch diameter, huge, though it did take about 2 years to get to that size :p

Moss balls are pretty much indestructable :lol:

In fact these moss ball is not actually moss, its a type of algae that keeps a circlular structure somehow.

When you put it in the tank, turn over the moss ball every couple of weeks or so, stops it rotting at the bottom ;)

I started with one that was about 1.5 inch diameter, its now just over 5 inch diameter, huge, though it did take about 2 years to get to that size :p
Wow!!! Your moss ball needs its own aquarium :) they say freshwater shrimp love them do you think my betta would get along with shrimp??

Betta and shrimps are kinda hot or miss.

Usually most fish regards anything that fits in its mouth as food, especially small shrimps.

No guarantees your Betta will not eat shrimps. You can try with just a few red cherry shrimps and see what happens, that way you won't lose a lot of money if shrimps become snacks.

Betta and shrimps are kinda hit or miss.

Usually most fish regards anything that fits in its mouth as food, especially small shrimps.

No guarantees your Betta will not eat shrimps. You can try with just a few red cherry shrimps and see what happens, that way you won't lose a lot of money if shrimps become snacks.

Last edited:
Betta and shrimps are kinda hot or miss.

Hahaha!! Thats what I am worried about. Maybe I can find bigger ones? Poor little guys would probably be tortured all the time.

I just received my tank & I believe I am missing a piece I need to hook up the pump that came with the tank. I can not figure out how it hooks up with the pieces I received. Thanks in advance
Hi SJN.

I also recently purchased an Aqua One tank and it had a tiny piece of the plumbing missing (it was a display model, and I think that one piece just went walkabout). I telephoned Aqua One and they were fantastic. They sent the missing piece by express post and charged it to the store I bought it from.

They were also great at interpreting any ambiguities in the set-up instructions, and have been very keen to help with my questions about the power of the pump, etc.

Are you in Australia? The Aqua One Australia Facebook page is great, and they've helped me through messaging, looking at photos and sending me additional info like flow charts to calculate the actual flow of their different pumps in your system.

Their webpage also has some you tube videos for specific tanks. They're mostly advertising, but you might be able to see the layout as it is meant to be set-up.

I've also seen some independently-uploaded tank set-up videos and reviews about different Aqua One tanks.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hi SJN.

I also recently purchased an Aqua One tank and it had a tiny piece of the plumbing missing (it was a display model, and I think that one piece just went walkabout). I telephoned Aqua One and they were fantastic. They sent the missing piece by express post and charged it to the store I bought it from.

They were also great at interpreting any ambiguities in the set-up instructions, and have been very keen to help with my questions about the power of the pump, etc.

Are you in Australia? The Aqua One Australia Facebook page is great, and they've helped me through messaging, looking at photos and sending me additional info like flow charts to calculate the actual flow of their different pumps in your system.

Their webpage also has some you tube videos for specific tanks. They're mostly advertising, but you might be able to see the layout as it is meant to be set-up.

I've also seen some independently-uploaded tank set-up videos and reviews about different Aqua One tanks.

Good luck!

Hi SJN.

Good luck!

I am from the USA. My tank is up and going since I received my missing elbow. I actually found a review on the aqua one betta trio & there are 2 other complaints about missing elbows. I think the person packing the elbows had the day off I have a entirely new problem now.... I cant keep it clean!! I do a partial clean weekly and every week it gets worse. I am going to try a different filtering system because this on isnt cutting it.

Hi there , I recently bought a Betta Trio , it has been running for about 2 weeks but came home today and the pump was working overtime , most of the sump compartments were half way on water level but the first tank section was full as , It looked like the filter cartridges in the first section were clogged and blocking the water from filtering through, i removed 1 of the cartridges and seems to be working again , is this a common thing for these tanks? is there a work around? thanks in advance

Hi I have a similar issue with my Aqua One tank. It's a 35 litre cube with a compartment just like the Betta Trio. Basically it looks like I have stagnant water I'm the rear compartment.

Apparently this is common in compartmental tanks, some suggest drilling small holes in the outlet pipe just to let some water circulate in the compartment.

I think with mine it is more likely that the small hole at the bottom of the back wall is allowing enough water into the pump to encourage the water in the compartments to go stagnant.

I have a similar setup on my flex. I only have sponge in the back and rinse it weekly when I do water changes. Never had a problem

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back