Need help setting up the pump in my aqua one betta trio tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SJN

Reaction score
I just received my tank & I believe I am missing a piece I need to hook up the pump that came with the tank. I can not figure out how it hooks up with the pieces I received. Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.

Can you post a picture of your tank set up and what pieces you have already and maybe describe what you think may be missing?

I don't personally have any experience with this type, but you can try searching YouTube for a tutorial video. That's what I usually do with a new piece of hardware that I'm not sure how to set up.

Welcome to the forum.

Can you post a picture of your tank set up and what pieces you have already and maybe describe what you think may be missing?
I think I am missing another elbow piece. Can you see my pictures I added?

Attachments

• 1490119936502-515994957.jpg
    1490119936502-515994957.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,794
  • 1490119972179-91367879.jpg
    1490119972179-91367879.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,732
  • 1490119985572474263315.jpg
    1490119985572474263315.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1,789
I don't personally have any experience with this type, but you can try searching YouTube for a tutorial video. That's what I usually do with a new piece of hardware that I'm not sure how to set up.
That was my first thought too & not one of the many videos I watched showed how they set up the pump in the tank. I have even emailed the customer service 2 hours ago without any help. :(

I don't actually think anything is missing.

The motor / pump sits at the bottom or suctioned onto the black wall in the chamber on far right of the filter compartments, then the green pipe should fit onto the motor / pump, then connect the elbow and push that to fit in the black hole on filter wall and then the nozzle fits onto the elbow through the hole on the rear of the fish tank.

Hope that makes sense.

One other thing, do not switch on the motor / pump without water, these are not made to run dry. So fill up the tank partway, maybe half max as long as water covers the motor / pump then see if it works.

Trail and error really to get it to be set up, usually very straightforwards.

I have had aqua one tanks in the past, though no this particular one and the set up is the same.

I don't actually think anything is missing.

The motor / pump sits at the bottom or suctioned onto the black wall in the chamber on far right of the filter compartments, then the green pipe should fit onto the motor / pump, then connect the elbow and push that to fit in the black hole on filter wall and then the nozzle fits onto the elbow through the hole on the rear of the fish tank.

Hope that makes sense.

One other thing, do not switch on the motor / pump without water, these are not made to run dry. So fill up the tank partway, maybe half max as long as water covers the motor / pump then see if it works.

Trail and error really to get it to be set up, usually very straightforwards.

I have had aqua one tanks in the past, though no this particular one and the set up is the same.
There is no way to hook the tube to my pump. It is almost smooth across & the tube doesn't fit inside.

Attachments

• 1490121723775-571764623.jpg
    1490121723775-571764623.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 533
Welcome to the forum.

Your tanks are beautiful! I just seen the option to view attachment

Hmm, does the elbow part fit in the mototr?

BTW thanks on the nice comment on my tank, no reason why your's can't be as nice if not better to be honest, I am no aquascapist that for sure :lol:

Found the online instruction manual, not a lot of help but does have a diagram on how the filter should be set up.

Looks like the pipe is suposed to fit directly to the pump then to the elbow then nozzle to the elbow on other side of the filter wall.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 20.21.04.png

Here is the link for that, might help -

Betta Due / Trio PDF Manual

I found these instructions too, but this isn't anything like the pump they sent me. LOL. I seriously always have this crazy luck. And I was all excited to set my tank up today.

Thats a real shame if thats not the right pump for your tank.

Am surprised though, unless this was second hand....

Thats a real shame if thats not the right pump for your tank.

Am surprised though, unless this was second hand....
No its all new but when it was delivered here the pump & the pieces were in a separate box outside of the tank box. I thought that was a little strange. Because it was suppose to be included with the tank in the box.

Oh, then you are definitely best to contact whoever you bought the tank from, if the pump is not correct, I have had a look online and am struggling to find the same pump as your picture to be honest.

So perhaps they sent the wrong filter pump.

I know these tanks are not exactly cheap so do presevere and get in touch and ask politely but firmly if they would send the correct pump or better yet go into one of their stores and show them exactly whats what and see what they say.

If they still won't cooperate, you have the right to complain and get a refund and take the tank back. Not what you want to do, I know, but bad service is bad service.....

Oh, then you are definitely best to contact whoever you bought the tank from, if the pump is not correct, I have had a look online and am struggling to find the same pump as your picture to be honest.

So perhaps they sent the wrong filter pump.

I know these tanks are not exactly cheap so do presevere and get in touch and ask politely but firmly if they would send the correct pump or better yet go into one of their stores and show them exactly whats what and see what they say.

If they still won't cooperate, you have the right to complain and get a refund and take the tank back. Not what you want to do, I know, but bad service is bad service.....
I finally found a phone number!! Ordering online is so crazy, I was reaching out to the manufacturer with no response & the company who shipped it wouldn't respond & I found the hidden # to the company I actually bought it from & the gentleman says in a separate box you should have a pump 1 green tube and 2 elbows!! I knew it lol. So I told him I only received one & his next question is the best.... did you receive the big one or the small one??? How do I know now my new set of elbows are being dropped in the mail. Thank you for trying so hard to help me!!

Most reactions

trending

Back