Need Help Identifying These Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pierre

Reaction score
Hello there!

I visited an aquarium in Paris a couple months ago, and as a photographer I really enjoyed it. There are a lot of opportunities and working with the ambient light is a real challenge - not even mentioning these very fast moving fish... I took a lot of photographs but only a few were ok...

Anyway, I don't know anything about fish, and I didn't write down the names of the fish I saw. Most of them were mixed anyway. So I thought you guy could help me identify them... I don't know if they are common or not, nor if they were swimming in cold, tropical, salty environment... I guess we can just give it a try ;)

Here they are ! 

Thanks for your help :)

9538269017_b96015553c.jpg

9541073210_c8ecaa5c72.jpg

9541076608_ddbae0d3d8.jpg

9538293281_5cd23e6533.jpg

9538273771_55fa141ce7.jpg

These appear to be all marine fish, so I'm going to move this thread over to the marine section. My guess would be Pomacanthus paru for the first one.

The first one looks like an angel fish possibly, the second and third one of the same fish appears to be a yellow tail damselfish possibly, the second to last one looks like a grouper of some kind, and the last is a lion fish.  Sorry I don't know exact variations or species on some of those!

1 - French Angelfish
2 - Blue Damselfish
3 - Another Blue Damselfish
4 - A Grouper of some form, once again don't know which
5 - Volitans Lionfish 

smile.png

Edit: Did some searching and found out what Damselfish species they were :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back