The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ewilkins521

Reaction score
Hey guys! My boyfriend and I just started a new tank, and tonight we noticed something strange on one of our gouramis and need some help. We're new to fish keeping, so we're not up to date on diseases, but we're thinking maybe anchor worms based on pictures we have found. Any help would be much appreciated!

Tank size: 38g bow front
pH: 7.8
ammonia: less than .5 ppm
nitrite: 3 ppm (recently spiked, we believe from over cleaning-the bf freaked out about his tank being 'too dirty' I think it was bacteria colonizing and we lost it all in his cleaning spree, lost 7 fish from it)
nitrate: less than 20 ppm
kH: about 40 ppm
gH: about 150 ppm
tank temp: around 73

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): looks like a white mass with a couple of strings coming off it

Volume and Frequency of water changes: usually about 1/4 tank every week/1.5 weeks. Has been more frequent with nitrite spike-every few days

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: 200 and 150 penguin marineland filters with biowheel, stress coat to condition water before added, and quick start with water changes and fish addition for bacteria

Tank inhabitants: was 2 gouramis and 9 tiger barbs before spike, but lost 7 barbs (yes we know about aggression, no there wasn't any)

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): the 2 gouramis

Exposure to chemicals: just stress coat and quick start

Attachments

• IMG_1814.JPG
    IMG_1814.JPG
    419.9 KB · Views: 237

Most reactions

Back