Need advice on tank size

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

infinity

Reaction score
Well I'm here here. I've had fish in the past, you know basic stuff, 10 gallon tanks, tetras, goldfish, that type of stuff. I want to get a little more serious about it now. What is a good tank that will allow me to get some bigger fish? Not just the real small 1" and 2", maybe 3-5"? I'm thinking atleast 20 gallons. I can build a stand, but I'll need to buy the tank itself. What is a typical setup going to cost me that will allow me to have fish that size? Thanks.

I have a car that is the sameas your user name it is a Q45 anyways back to your question they have a 29 gallon tank set up at walmart for 90 dollars tax and all.

As you don't give you location infinity, it's difficult to give you prices.
I would suggest that you are looking for a 48"X15X15 tank to house 5" fish comfortably. Again your question is vague inasmuch as you say maybe 3 5" fish.
Depends on the type of setup you wish to go for and what fish you want in your setup. If you ask any one of us that have been keeping fish for a while, no tank is big enough. :lol: :lol: We would all like a bigger tank!
Try and be more specific and you may get some more answers to your question.

Work out your budget,then double it because it will never be enough,then go and buy the biggest tank you can afford making sure that you have enough money left to buy the essential filters,lights,heaters and associated paraphernalia.Then start a savings account to put some money aside for the next tank you want :lol:

I live in Rochester, NY. We have a Petsmart and PetCo locally, not sure about speciality fish stores. I've been looking online. I'm thinking I want to go bigger. Atleast 55 gallons. I saw a 90 gallon for $199 from Pet Circuit. I'm sure it gets alot more expensive once you start adding filtration systems, pumps, heaters, hoods etc. We'll see.

If you're going to look at getting a 55g, I would save a little bit more money and get a 75g. Most 55g are too narrow and with a 75g your options open up to a whole lot more fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back