Natural Disasters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Loko17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ok, if there was a natural disaster that hit your area and you were forced to leave your home, what would you do with your fish, try to take them with you or leave them. Think about it and leave your answers here

honestly during a natural disaster, you would have to think you life would be at high risk, and keeping fish with you is something else to worry about excluding family members and more valuable belongings. IMHO there are more things to worry about in a natural disaster than "fish".

yeah, i'd throw some food in and say good luck! also, i dont think anything would happen in my area, as i live on a mountain. if u heard about all the flooding and rescues in northeast PA, i avoided that just because im way above sea level hehe

yeah, i'd throw some food in and say good luck! also, i dont think anything would happen in my area, as i live on a mountain. if u heard about all the flooding and rescues in northeast PA, i avoided that just because im way above sea level hehe

Yeah I've had some major flooding near me in PA, luckily I live pretty high up.

The well being of my family & I come before my fish. They stay, they are replaceable.

I think I'd do everything I could, within my power, to ensure they stayed alive while I was away. After all, they are my responsibility. However, I would draw the line at endangering my or my wife's safety over them.

Wow I'm surprised not one person said they would try to take at least one maybe "favorite fish" with them, If a natural disaster hit my place i'd probably try to take my female betta and maybe my male in a bag or something, but nothing like that would happen flood wise because where I live is a lot above sea level and we live on the biggest hill in the neighborhood.

i don't live close enough to be flooded and i'm in england so not that many natural disasters by me.

:good:

With global warming becoming an ever-advancing threat towards all of us, keeping fish as a hobby may not be possible in a hundred years.

But seriously, lugging a fish on your journey while evacuating a natural disaster area, it would probably die in that small bag after a few hours anyway :X

I think it is interesting that everyone has commented on flooding. There are other natural disasters like fire, wind, hail, earthquakes, tornados, etc. I must admit that I would be heartbroken to leave them, but they would have to stay behind. I wouldn't have any way to take care of them without their tank and I'm afraid they would probably just die anyway. There would always be a chance that they would still be alive when I returned if the disaster had missed a direct hit on my home.

Debra

Well everyone is saying flooding because of whats happening in the northeast of the U.S. which compelled me to include this article.

Wow I'm surprised not one person said they would try to take at least one maybe "favorite fish" with them, If a natural disaster hit my place i'd probably try to take my female betta and maybe my male in a bag or something, but nothing like that would happen flood wise because where I live is a lot above sea level and we live on the biggest hill in the neighborhood.

well, we know who wouldn't survive during a disaster :p

Assuming it wasn't a tornado (the most likely natural disaster in my area) or something else I had very little warning for, I'd take a couple of my fave bettas with me, because honestly I'd be heartbroken if I lost my marble line... I take great pride in them, having bred them myself. I would like to say I'd take them all, but it would be way too difficult and would probably do more harm than good. It's not like I could take my oscar's 80 gallon with me too, he'd just be living in a bucket for however long it took me to get back home. They probably stand a better chance staying where they are in most cases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back