Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nano Shrimp Aquarium

Discussion in 'Fresh & Planted Nano Tanks' started by Ada, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Ada

Ada New Member

I am planning to buy Dennerle NanoCube for my shrimp - Different grades of red cherry.
    It is 30x30x35 cm and the one I have now is 20x20x20cm
    And I have few questions:

1. Will there be easier to maintain the bigger tank? (when cleaning the one now I take out half of the water before the gravel is properly cleaned :()

2. What would be the best filter?

3. Should I use real or fake plants.

4. If real which ones would be the best for shrimp and easiest to take care of?

5. Will Marina Aquarium Heater - Mini 25W be enough since I just want to keep the water at 22°C

6. What else should I know?

2. Guppylover3x

Guppylover3x Fishaholic

Welcome to the forum. I’ve never had much experience with shrimp myself personally but I’d say stick to live plants. I imagine this will create a natural environment for them. Im sure other members can advice you further on what plants would be preferable. I’ve recently only upgraded my marina mini 25w I had this for around a month and a half. I can confirm this heater will hold the temperature at 22c. I got rid of it due to it not being fully submersible. Best of luck.

3. Ada

Ada New Member

I did not know that its not fully submersible o_O should have read the instructions properly :book:
    Im glad it doesnt fit properly to my tank so it was never fully submersed.

I might order the tank next week so in a month or so it should be ready to put the shrimp in.

Update :
    Found the instructions of the heater it says it is fully submersible and there is a minimum water level line not a maximum so it might be a newer version.

#3 Ada, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019