Myxazin

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

5teady_2012

Here to help
Reaction score
My Myxazin arrived in the post other day and i have just realised there is no instructions and i need to use it urgent, does anyone know the instructions?

I know the dosaged amounts, but its dont say when to repeat and how long to treat for etc..

Any help would great..

Thanks.

My Myxazin arrived in the post other day and i have just realised there is no instructions and i need to use it urgent, does anyone know the instructions?

I know the dosaged amounts, but its dont say when to repeat and how long to treat for etc..

Any help would great..

Thanks.

theyre written on the bottle now eh?

'This a broad spectrum bactericide that can be used for the treatment of fin rot, body rot, ulcers, cloudy eyes, pop eye, raised veins, redness and other symptoms of bacterial infections. Additionally, Myxazin can be used when introducing other fish, to reduce the risk on introducing diseases. Myxazin should be added to the quarantine tank for 7 days as indicated below. Myxazin can also be used for the treatment of white spot in marine aquaria containing invertebrates. Myxazin does not harm filters or plants. Myxazin contains colour dye.

Directions for Use
. Switch off all u.v. sterilizes and ozoniers before course of treatment. Remove all zeolite, activated charcoal and peat from filters. Allow up to 48 hours before using another treatment CAUTION: Do not use Myxazin within 4 days of using Waterlife Protozin, Waterlife Cuprazin or vice versa. 2.5ml treats 75litres

5ml treats 150litres

15ml treats 445litres

20ml treats 594 litres

30ml treats 891 litres The treatment should be applied daily on the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 days. When introducing new fish add treatment once every other day for a seven day period i.e. on days 1, 3, 5, 7.

We recommend the cause of Myxazin as a general anti bacterial treatment in the discus aquarium once a month on the 1, 3 and 5 days. This product should be alternated bi-monthly. Always read the instructions on the bottle before use.'​

This is all the internet is telling me. and i've only a bottle of protozin to hand. But the protozin has everything about what days and how much written on the bottle.

Strange mine dosent say that and my dosage amounts on the bottle are a lot diffrent :(

All i got is my dosage says...

1.5ml - 22L
2.0ml - 35L
3.0ml - 45L
4.0ml - 60L

I dosed for 70L on my tank, but dont know when to dosed again, and again etc.. them instructions you posted confused me :(

On the label on my bottle of Myxazin, towards the bottom is the dosage which is the same as 5teady quoted (1.5ml-22L etc). Below that is the 'directions' and below that is the 'Frequency of Treatment' which says 'Use on days 1,2,3,4 & 5. Add once a day for 2 days when introducing new fish'

This is for a 60ml bottle. Sounds like ClaireD has a bigger bottle with those dosage amounts, so possibly a different strength?

That sounds likely. Isnt there a phone number usually on waterlife products? perhaps you could call them

On the label on my bottle of Myxazin, towards the bottom is the dosage which is the same as 5teady quoted (1.5ml-22L etc). Below that is the 'directions' and below that is the 'Frequency of Treatment' which says 'Use on days 1,2,3,4 & 5. Add once a day for 2 days when introducing new fish'

This is for a 60ml bottle. Sounds like ClaireD has a bigger bottle with those dosage amounts, so possibly a different strength?

Opticians booked :rolleyes:

Thanks for that :)

here's their contact info
Waterlife Research Ind. Ltd.
Bath Road, Longford, Middlesex UB7 OED
Tel: 01753 685696 Fax: 01753 685437
email: [email protected]
Return to:

here's their contact info
Waterlife Research Ind. Ltd.
Bath Road, Longford, Middlesex UB7 OED
Tel: 01753 685696 Fax: 01753 685437
email: [email protected]
Return to:

Just came across this thread, and looks like Myxazin and Myxazin-P are being described, the P one is a lot stronger and is used in ponds rather than fish tanks hence the dosage differences, however it can be used in large fish tanks i believe as the ingredients are identical bar the dosage, the P one has 1 added extra to it which i can't remember the name of.

Myxazin is pretty good by all accounts anyway, and a safer option than a lot of other meds.

Most reactions

trending

Back