Mystery Snail W/chipped Shell

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I just realized there is also a crack along the back of his shell. Can shells repair themselves? I feel horrible.

He'll be fine with a crack and a chip in his shell.

Not sure if he'll be able to repair it; but put some cuttle fish (like you give to birds) in the tank for him as it'll give him calcium to help grow a nice strong shell.

Dipsy is spot on, My kind neigbour gave me some cuttle fish, I have one Applesnail that was damaged and even though you can still see where it happened it's still zooming around the tank and growing well and that was some months ago.

Thanks for the quick replies. The water where i'm at is naturally very hard and alkaline. Will the cuttlefish raise my ph even further? I want to help this little snail, but i don't want to do anything that's going to stress my fish either.

I live in a hard water area and I still added cuttle fish. I've added it to 3 of my tanks with snails in and I've only seen them eating it in one tank but it is there in the other tanks if they want it (I had trouble getting it to sink but lots of plant weights worked well).

I read somewhere that someone recommended for a week each month adding cuttlefish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back