Mystery Snail Escaped

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

theking

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought a black mystery snail from petsmart on saturday. Last night the snail was on top of the aquarium crawling, today I wake up he isn't present I thought "he will come out" I come back home and start cleaning my aquarium and he is just NOT THERE, I looked everywhere, in the fliter, in the gravel under decorations it is NOWHERE..

Does anybody know how far could it have gone and how long can it live without water?

none of my fish are big enough to eat it ..

Going to move your thread to tropical discussion. Get more help over there.

snails will escape if the top of the tank is not sealed.. or at least mine do. i would say leave some small bowls of water around the house so that if he does find it then he'll be in there.. but you gotta go on a hunt and try to find that little guy before he dries out and dies.

Seems like theres a lot of furniture moving to do.. I hope he will be found

yes hope you find him.. and if you have pets sometimes they will take it if found and eat him

I do not have any other pets other than fish.. I really hope I will find it because otherwise I will only find it by the smell if it dies

it must be a very good escape artist, ive looked in every possible spot and i cannot find that snail...

update number 2,
snail was found inside one of the decorations, i checked underneath the decor and not inside of it, when i flipped the building ot look inside first i didnt see anything because the background is black and the snail is black.. I now feel very stupid :p

thank you everyone for your concerns and suggestions i will take this as a lesson and close up all the holes i have in my aquarium to prevent real escape

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back