Mysterious sickness

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have never used the Interpet Anti Internal Bacteria but the instructions would suggest it isn't safe for scaleless fishes (elephant nose), and it could be harmful to Otocinclus catfish.

The ingredients are not anti-biotics as such but they do kill bacteria and inhibit bacterial growth.

If you have a spare tank you could move the catfish out and treat the remaining fish in the main tank. If you don't have a spare tank then I wouldn't use that medication.

Anti-biotics that might work include Kanamycin, Tetracycline, Doxycyclene. I can't advise on which to use because different countries have different laws about anti-biotcs. If you can contact a few local pet shops and ask them what they have, I might be able to offer more advice when I know what you can get.

I have already moved the oto because i was worried he was to small. (Btw i currently don’t have anything to test the water with)

Last edited:
If there are no other catfish in the tank then you can try the Interpet Anti Internal Bacteria and see if it helps. It will not affect the filter bacteria but you should still monitor the water quality during treatment.

All my fish except for my kissing gourami(he’s just hiding more and not eating much i think its because the german blue rams are bullying him) are doing fine. what can i do when i go away for 4 weeks I’ve got a automatic feeder but what about water changes?

If you are going away for 4 weeks, do a big water change and gravel clean the day before you go. Feed the tank a couple of times a week and add a heap of plants.

If you are going away for 4 weeks, do a big water change and gravel clean the day before you go. Feed the tank a couple of times a week and add a heap of plants.

I normally do a 90% water change weekly so before i go i can do a 95% and and set the feeder to feed them every other day and since i took those previous pictures elodia has taken over so there is a lot of plants does that sound good? and what should i set the light timer to?

A 90% water change is sufficient, there's no need to do 95%.

If your lights are growing plants then leave it as is. If you don't get any algae you can increase the time by an hour a day.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back