My Wild Collection

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dominus_XVIII

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Here's the males of my wild betta collection, enjoyed. The E-mail in the pics belongs to the breeder, if your looking for wilds feel free to contact him. :)

Blue Guitar Smaragdina
fwbettas1336429955-3.jpg

Copper Smaragdina
fwbettas1329239503-1.jpg

Smaragdina
fwbettas1333924740-1.jpg

Imbellis
fwbettas1333924480-1.jpg

Mahachai #1
fwbettas1333924244-2.jpg

Mahachai #2
fwbettas1336430491-1.jpg

arent those plakats

No they're wild species bettas. Plakats are the original strain of splendens, when breeders came across plakats and wild non-splendens, they crossed the species. Thus resulting in the numerous strains of different PKs, fighter PKs, HMPKs, HMs, CTs, DTs and Vts available to betta/fish enthusiast.

oh beutiful and stunning and cute the list goies on and on wow

could my pet store say order them for me or would i have to get them on line also are they ovwerly expenseve and can they be kept together

oh beutiful and stunning and cute the list goies on and on wow

could my pet store say order them for me or would i have to get them on line also are they ovwerly expenseve and can they be kept together

Petstores don't usually focus much on bettas as they don't have as much of a demand as other fish. It might be possible for your store to order a few for you, but you would have to ask them, sometimes they might not even know wild bettas exist.
In terms of how expensive they are, it really depends on the individual bettas themselves. My guitar in pic #1 cost me $35 after shipping, but it also came with a matching female. The blue guitar is also a rarer strain of smaragdina which is why it has a higher price tag. The others were bought for $15 each, but they also came with a matching female.
Unlike domesticated bettas, wild species can be kept together successfully. You just need to have a heavily planted tank or provide a lot of hiding places and food. The only time the males will fight each other, will be over territory or if they're after the same female. Other than that wilds don't tend to fight and are generally more docile.

thanks
i bet mine does they are special ordering female spendens now and i bet they know about wild bettas and im sure they would be pricey can you take pics of the females and they also have a 2 foot long arrowanna hes awesome

thanks
i bet mine does they are special ordering female spendens now and i bet they know about wild bettas and im sure they would be pricey can you take pics of the females and they also have a 2 foot long arrowanna hes awesome
That's good to hear, I'll update this thread every so often when I do have time, so expect the female pics shortly. Aros are the greatest trophy fish IMO, I have kept Silvers, Jardinies, Gold Crossbacks, Super Reds, Greens, Blues, Blacks and Highback Redtail Golds. Their naturally beauty is definitely worth their price tag, if you got the space and time for them.

The Copper Smaragdina looks amazing!

Here's one of my new wild species, it's a imbellis. This one is sorta special though, unlike the usual imbellis colour, this specimen had it's red colouration bred out. The mother was a wild imbellis and the father was a wild mahachai. The form of it's caudal isn't that great, but it is definitely unique for wild imbellis.

fwbettas1358781419.jpg

Just got another wild species betta to add to my collection lol. It's a regular imbellis varient, compared to the black form varient that I posted earlier. This imbellis was wild caught, so the fins are a bit effy, but in the wild males tend to fight over females and territory so I'm not surprised. Here's the pic below, enjoy everyone.

fwbettas1359431478.jpg

I have, on at least 3 occasions, ended up with a male fish when buying females. One turned out to be a plakat male, and after 3 or 4 months became quite aggresive and had to be rehomed. One who I still have, but am looking to rehome is very much like a female, could this fish be a wild type? It lives alongside the girls showing no aggresion and wouldnt be a problem except now some of the younger splendens females have started to bully him.

372xp said:
I have, on at least 3 occasions, ended up with a male fish when buying females. One turned out to be a plakat male, and after 3 or 4 months became quite aggresive and had to be rehomed. One who I still have, but am looking to rehome is very much like a female, could this fish be a wild type? It lives alongside the girls showing no aggresion and wouldnt be a problem except now some of the younger splendens females have started to bully him.
Aggression isn't always a male trait, when housed in a community, females will inevitably form a packing order. The bullying you are seeing may be the bettas testing eachother to see how dominant to each of their own.
If you can get a pic and post it here I can give you positive ID, on whether it's a male or female. Look for a ovispore if you think it's a female. The best thing to do to insure your getting real males and females is to buy from a trusted breeder. If you want high quality wilds, I suggest emailing the email provided in the pics I posted, Pibk is my main and only wild suppier as his broods are the best I've seen around for sale. Hope that helps ;)

Man you got knowledge. No need to post a picture, no oviposter, long pectoral fins and a full beard when flaring. Its a male.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back