My two Ghost-Shrimps....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Shaydensmom

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
comitted suicide! :sad:

For the last almost three weeks I had them in a 1,7 Gallon Tank with my Betta Bob Marley! This morning I couldn't see any of them in the Tank, and suspected that my Betta ate them (htough they where quite big), I checked the filter if my two little ones left some "evdidence" of their killing there, nothing! I lifted my little "mountain in the aquarium up to see if they where hiding in there, nothing. While doing that I spilled some water, when I wanted to wip it of the Bar (that's where the tank sits) I found one dried up Shrimpie behind the Tank, down to my feet I found the other one! :rip:

Any idea how this could have happened? Like I said I had them for almost three weeks in the same setup, nothing has changed-they've been with the Betta since then! I got to say though that I can't keep a cover on the Tank! Since my Tank is so "little" I have the filter hanging on the Tank outside (the one for the inside took al the space away) wich means I can't put a cover on it! But why now, why both at the same time?

Well I guess nobody can answer that question, I'm amazed of how high they can "jump"- they must have how else they could have left the Tank!
Any idea how I could improvise with a cover, that'll fit even with the filter but not restrict the airsupply to the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back