Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My tanks

Discussion in 'Member's Aquarium and Fish Pictures' started by Jessie J., Dec 7, 2018.

1. Jessie J.

Jessie J. Fish Fanatic

Here's a list of all my tanks! Tomorrow I will post pictures of them all.

10-gallon with a royal blue veiltail betta, Moscow, shrimp, snails, plants, and golden freshwater clams. The betta sometimes shares quarters with Persia, my light yellow veiltail with navy blue spots.

10-gallon with fancy guppies, zebra danios, plants, snails, and a betta

5-gallon with four female bettas (Daisy, SeirraSequoia, Empress, and Queen Shasta), and plants

4-gallon bowl with a sponge filter and rare fancy guppy fry

1-gallon kritter-keeper with nothing yet- for a male betta fry, temporarily.

5-gallon with mosquitofish and snails

3-gallon with four-inch tadpoles, baby newts, and amphipods

55-gallon crabitat with purple pincher hermit crabs

50-gallon pond with azolla and frogs

1-gallon sowbug terrarium with plants

• Like Like x 2
  2. FroFro

FroFro Mostly New Member

A five gallon with FOUR female betta is severly overstocked. Females can be kept together if they have a large enough environment, but can be just as territorial as males. Without the proper space to establish their own spots they will eventually get stressed, fight, or die. Not to mention the upkeep for such an overstocked tank is ridiculous. A five gallon is really only suitable for one betta fish, and maybe a snail.

Before you use the "everything seems fine" right now argument, these things can change at the drop of a hat. The well being of your fish should be the primary concern.

If you live in the USA, they have decently priced five gallon kits at walmart for 27$ and ten gallon kits for 32$. At least at my local walmart. They also sell steel tank stands that I used for my first tank, but those stands are only suitable for a 29 gallon high or a 20 gallon long, a ten gallon kind of sits awkwardly and unproperly supported in the middle. You can also try craigslist, often people are willing to give away used tank kits for next to nothing. Just make sure if you go that route you meet somewhere very public, in the open, during the day, and not alone. Safety first!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jessie J.

Jessie J. Fish Fanatic

Thanks frofro, but I already know it's overstocked and I am going to move them soon.

• Agree Agree x 2