April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

GBLShorty

Reaction score
Just a update on my tank

My stock is...

65 Gallon, just under 4ft, 2ft high, 17" deep

6 x Yellow Labs (Labidochromis Caeruleus)

6 x Perlmutt (Labidochromis sp Perlmutt)

4 x Yellow Tail Acei (Pseudotropheus sp. "acei")

1 x Red Top Hongi ' Sweden' (Labidochromis sp. Hongi)

1 x blue hap (Sciaenochromis Fryeri)

3 x Peacocks (2 x Aulonocara sp. "Strawberry" 1 x "OB")

The idea is if the Peacocks and Hap do not work out I will get more Hongis/Red Zebras.

Had to remove 1 Red Zebra due to aggression and swapped him for another Acei, accidentally killed my second Hongi :( (was really gutted about this) I was adjusting the rocks and pulled off the inlet cover and he swam up and got killed by the impeller :(

doing 60% weekly water changes feeding Cichlid Excel pellets twice a day (can anyone suggest a good omnivore food I can use for this stock?

33424575_10160415742515593_6930729356222267392_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. I love yellow labs, some of them will get amazing personalities. I have a lab I can feed from my hand and she will even jump out to get food I am holding. I also have another lab that spends his days floating behind the BN plecs and wondering what on earth are these. :D That one that got sucked into the filter is sad, but natural selection I guess. For my cichlids I use just the natural geographic pellets. They love the size and will gobble them up until their mouths are full. I have been feeding them this for almost 3 years and they are very healthy. What you have there looks pretty good and probably better than what I have :D

i'm finding it hard to find a pellet small enough for my tiny Perlmutts lol.

The pellets I use are more of tiny little balls so that's how I used them since these were babies. The pellets are probably 0.75 to 1 mm in diameter. I am basing this off my 0.5 mm sand. You could try soaking the pellets in a little cup before hand and then when you put it in everyone will tear their chunks off if its too big, I used to do this.

Most reactions

Back