My Rope Fish

Ashnook302

Reaction score
Hi I have a question about my ropes.... I have a 60 gallon tank and has been set up for 6 months and I have had the ropes in there for 4 months...my tank is solely dedicated to them and their food (rosey reds) I also have 1 large snail.... For the past 4 months both ropes ( a male and a female) have always stayed in their own caves and not very active they would only come out to eat and go up for air on occasion. In the past week both have been very very active swimming all over the tank...up and down more than across and they do that for a good ten minutes then take a break and start doing it again... It used to be they didn't even go around each other and now they swim and wrap around each other ( their not fighting cause I've seen them do that early on when I first got them). They are both eating Fine and look great...they haven't been swimming upside down or seem to have any problems swimming... I'm just curious to know if it has taken them that many months to get comfortable and venture thru the tank for more than just feeding or if something may be wrong with them....I honestly didn't know that a nocturnal fish would be this active through the day with all the lights on in the tank...any advice or suggestions would be grateful!

Mine goes through phases where he'll be all over and sometimes he hides all the time. I'd say its normal.

Same. Some times I don't see mine for days except for feeds and then it's like it owns the tank. Been like it for for a year. When ever I'm moving rocks or cleaning he comes up and wraps and rubs up against my fingers etc. Great fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back