my pregnant molly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Whiskerz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey!!!
I have a dalmation molly and she's prego... except i dunno when shes gonna have the fry, i bought her already pregnant and her belly is pretty big....can anyone give me an estimate when she'll have them? I have her set up in a 15 gallon already just incase she has them soon

thanx :D

It's hard to guess without a picture given. Usually when a female is due to give birth, her stomach will be so swollen it will be almost square. Her gravid spot will also be large and very dark. Here's a picture of my female guppy 2 hrs before she had fry just to show you how big the belly will stretch.
Ripley.jpg

Hey whiskerz, im in the same position. i bought my dalmatian molly just yesterday and i thought that she was going to pop any mintue and hours after i put her in i could see her straining to push something and her vent was opening as she did but nothin. i was so frustrated so i'll give her time.

snowyangel said:
It's hard to guess without a picture given. Usually when a female is due to give birth, her stomach will be so swollen it will be almost square. Her gravid spot will also be large and very dark. Here's a picture of my female guppy 2 hrs before she had fry just to show you how big the belly will stretch.
Ripley.jpg
I tried taking a pic using my webcam but she just doesnt wanna stay still lol, i will try and get one soon so u can see :)

i had bought a prego mollie(dalmation) and it was two days after i had her that she had her babies. if she's new to the tank, i think she needs to feel comfortable. i did, however check in the gravel once a day just to make sure.
her belly will almost be like a square.
good luck with the babies!

yup her belly is square and its huge, im guessing she'll have them within a week, i just wanted to see what u guys thought, im tryin to take a pic of her right now but she's swimming around like crazy and its hard to take a good pic lol

This might sound a bit silly but make sure u do plant it out and have a place for the babies to go and hide many a time my live bearers have give birth in seperate tanks and the mums have eaten thier own young. :( oh and watch for the babies swimming down the gaps between the gravel.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back