The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mariaa3

Reaction score
Our tank was doing well until we did a water change with out a water purifier our fishes scales started to fade, but when we put water purifier in the all got better except for one his eyes turned red and he just lays at the bottom of the tank he's defenitely alive we just don't know what's wrong any suggestions?

What "water purifier" are you using? And do you mean dechlorinator?​
How big is the tank? How many fish? And was it cycled? And I mean "cycled" as in you have a colony of nitrifying bacteria living in your filter media, not "aging" the water.​

+1, I was in the middle of posting the exact same questions.

To help clarify about cycling, has your tank been running for over a month with fish in it? It takes about a month to cycle a tank using the 'Fish in' method.

Also, a good way to start helping your fish is to do another water change, with 'purifier' in it, this will ensure the tank is as clean as possible. Also, consider posting in the 'Fish emergency' section,

10 gallons 7 fish and we've had the tank for about 2 months going on 3

All of our levels are within a normal range all of our fish are tropical and either bettas or school fish

And i believe our water purifier is a dechlorinator and a stress reliever

Hey Mariaa, the more details you can give us the better- how did you cycle your tank, what are your exact test results, what do you feed and how much, how often.etc
These might sound like silly questions but they can all help us get a better idea of what is going on and therefore will be able to help you better :good:

If you don't know what your schooling fish are then you could always post a photo and we can ID them for you. Some schooling fish are not ideal to keep with betta, fish like serpae tetra, silver tip tetra, etc. as these are very nippy fish and will target betta because of the bright colours and long fins. Is anything like this going on in your tank that could cause your betta to be unwell besides the water change without conditioner?
I would do another water change (with water conditioner), and see if he improves. Keep a close eye on him and check that he is able to get to the surface to breath.

not they don't! thank you so much for helping we feed them in the morning and afternoon we got 2 gallons and let it sit with the purifier overnight and then took 2 gallons out of the fish tank and replaced it with the 2 gallons with the purifier

ill try to post a video by tomorrow :)

Most reactions

Back