My Pond

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If we ever got rain it does top up with that, but since there seems to be a rain proof dome over us I usually top up with tap water. And yes the pond is in need of another top up, thanks to the horrid heat we have had and all the birds coming to drink and bathe in it the water keeps dropping quickly.
 What you cant see because its buried under the lily leaves is an adjustable pipe with a mesh cover that can be raised and lowered to allow overflow to escape without washing out fish and shrimp. Also comes in mighty handy when the pond needs a clean I can drop at least half of the water before I need to revert to the bottom bung (also with a mesh strainer) and buckets. Trust me bucketing out the last of the water is back breaking and a little freaky because you will have unseen fishie missiles banging into your feet and legs or even trying to burrow under your feet. Not good when its a BN that is freaking out. So once standing in the pond I tend to keep my feet planted in one spot to minimise the risk of standing on anyone.

Some nice lush growth you have there, every aquarium fish keeper should have a pond if they are lucky enough to have a garden/backyard.

I put one in 25yrs ago (small preformed fibreglass) mainly to attract wildlife as I live in an over urbanized part of the UK, It  soon arrived... daphnia, wrigglers, bloodworm, insects, amphibians and birds.

A couple of figure of eights with a fine mesh net and that's me fish sorted for live food most days in milder months and freeze some for winter.

Good luck catching the Khulies... I bet they're gonna be fat !!!

Well finally proof of a wayward Khuli loach in my pond, he/ she has now gone into a tank to join its other 10 brethern in one of my tanks.

Baccus said:
Well finally proof of a wayward Khuli loach in my pond, he/ she has now gone into a tank to join its other 10 brethern in one of my tanks.

Any bigger than its tank mates?

Ok, well now I believe you.  :p

If anything I would say it was a touch smaller than the loaches in the tank, certainly slimmer for sure.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back