My Platy Hurt. Lost Scale, Little Blood Mark..

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jinni1980

Reaction score
Hi. I put my fishes in the spare tank while i cleaned main one. And One of my platy jumped out of tank, end up on the floor. Not sure how long but my daughter found & cried. I quickly put her back into tank and watched her.
She wasn't move for few second & started swimming but not really well.. Very slow & most of time just stay up surface :( i could see she lost her scale pretty lots on one side of body. I think when she jumped out, she might hit coner of tank or something. And i also could see little bot of red blood mark.
She is my first fish & got the greatest personality. I really don't want to lose her.
I put some of anti fungus medication just for in case she can have infection.
Is she gonna be ok?!?! Salt water will help her?! Almost midnight in au, but can't go to bed just worry if i find her upside down tomorrow morning :(

I'd probably not have used an anti-fungal med... you could use an anti-bacterial (not that the same time as the other med) or aquarium salt to prevent bacteria or an infection while she heals.

I used pimafix which is for anti fungal but also said healing of external bacterial infections... Now she is staying in the buttom behind of live plant :( poor thing.

Well she's gone :( so sad.
I know people may say it's only fish but still family i believe.. She couldn't swim & half laying down.. And she drag herself to the end of tank where she could see her babies. (she just had babies few days ago & i keep their tank next hers..). Then she finally done.
It just could be no meaning but for me, as a mother.. It was such a big heart broken... Good bye my little one..

Bless Her.
So sorry for your loss.
She could of damaged her swim bladder.
:rip:

Sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel because my fish died like that as well.

:rip: Your Fish
:rip: My Fish

:fish: :fish:

my platy jumped out my bucket while cleaning once, was just in time thank god, started to put a tea towel over the top now, helps to keep them carm aswell, also my bucket is black, not easy to find them when putting them back in the tank though!

Really sorry to hear that. I dropped once one on the floor but it managed to survive as I put it straight back.
Why are you moving your fish out of the tank while cleaning it? This should never be done except in rare circrumstances. It's a lot of stress on the fish netting them in and out each time.

Accidents happen!
Once my fish got stuck in a rock and she went all puffy and I could not get her out! I tried everything but then I thought it is better to just end her pain by taking the rock out and putting it in cold water. Just for anyone who is reading this of course I disinfected the rock before I put it back in the tank.

This post is just to say that things can happen and it is not out fault, some fish may just like being dare devils!

Please do not say anything about this and what I should of done if you think otherwise. Keep it to yourself please!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back