My New Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

vrinty

Reaction score
Please excuse the origionality of the title, i honestly couldnt thing of anything worth while.

So i got a new tank today, a 54L eheim so Tokyo got moved out of the 12L tank into the new home :) happy fish.
SAM_1170.jpg

I'm thinking of adding live plants in the future

You have the same filter as me in the right hand corner
smile.png
Looks good, defo add some plants eventually.
Can I ask why you have a heater with a cold water fish?

The heater is there cause it came with the tank :) it's set at 21, Tokyo seems to like it and the water seems clearer. The little filter will go in a week, can't stand how noisy it is, it's only in there ATM cause its been in the other tank with Tokyo so I assumed I could bring the bactieria over in the filter and media

vrinty said:
The heater is there cause it came with the tank
smile.png
it's set at 21, Tokyo seems to like it and the water seems clearer. The little filter will go in a week, can't stand how noisy it is, it's only in there ATM cause its been in the other tank with Tokyo so I assumed I could bring the bactieria over in the filter and media

It shouldn't be noisy... I can hardly hear mine at all.

Paradise<3 said:
You have the same filter as me in the right hand corner
smile.png
Looks good, defo add some plants eventually.
Can I ask why you have a heater with a cold water fish?
Heaters can be used to stabilize temperature as well as raise, it. I use one on my goldfish tank because it drops way down at night.

So the fish is still alive :D i've been doing 10% water changes every 4 days, my water has gone a tad cloudy today tho :( don't know why and there is fish poo sitting on the sand now, maybe i need another filter?

Is it just me or has no one commented on how unsuitable that tank is for goldfish?

TallTree01 said:
Is it just me or has no one commented on how unsuitable that tank is for goldfish?

54l will do him for a while but I agree he will need closer to 70-80l when he grows.
Better than 12l though.

trust me you do not need another filter i have the eheim 96 kit with 50 small tropical fish it is always got alot of waste on the sand do a small circular motion on the sand with the siphon to pick it up filters arent designed to lift waste

Your new tank looks awesome, you must add some plants for more beauty. Thanks for sharing

Tank looks good - a couple of ideas

1) Add some plants (plastic or live)
2) add another ornament
3) add another fish (you can probably only fit in one more)

in about 2 years time you will probably have to buy a larger tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back