My New Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Did i see a Neon Tetra at 0:06 right under the 10 foot shark? :good:

I love visiting aquariums like that. Could sit for hours and just watch them swim. Fish are such fascinating creatures. I need to plan another trip to the Georgia Aquarium or Tennessee Aquarium. Both top notch.

EDIT: When I saw the title of this thread, I actually clicked on it to move it to the My New Freshwater Tank section thinking it was out of place. :lol:

hehe. Yeah, just a bit of a carry on really.
Amazing though isn't it?
I could sit there for hours too.
I didn't realise the scale of the thing until I realised those little silhouettes were peoples!!!

On my trip to the Georgia Aquarium, we took the behind the scenes tour and got to see the top of the tank. It was unbelievable how long and wide it was. You don't get that perspective while looking through the glass. Also were fortunate that it was feeding time for the whale sharks so got to see them getting fed too.

Until you take a behind the scenes tour, you just don't realize all that they have there. As I mentioned, we did that at the Georgia Aquarium about 8 months after it opened. They have a full hospital with x-ray and ultrasound machines, operating tables, q-tanks and the like. Obviously, some fish they can take to a table to work on but that's not quite feasible with a whale shark so they have places they can handle the bigger species too.

The kitchen was unreal. Sparkling clean as they have to make sure that all food is safe. The food the fish get probably goes through more inspections than what we eat.

Even to go up to the top side of the large SW tank that the whale sharks are in, you have to walk through some type dip that kills all bacteria on your shoes. You actually get to walk out over the tank and look down from the cross walks which are about 5 feet above the water.

I think the cost was like $50 per person but it was well worth it in my opinion.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back