My new sorority

This is on my hit list of things to do when we get a bigger house and I can command a whole room for fish tanks. They're gorgeous fish and so full of character!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Just an update photo. Nothing done to the tank girls are all healthy and happy.
b4yzsNj.jpg

Just as flare happy as the other 3, While the 3 older girls chase each other they seem to leave her alone even when she flares at them they just ignore her. The white one is the boss of the tank.

A few more months growth and it will be where I want it, I want it to be a dense tall jungle, I think the fish will love that. For some reason I am drawn to wild looking over grown but healthy tanks that are virtually maintenance free, All I do is change 50% of the water and feed the fish no ferts no CO2, Just a light that my girls can live with.

I know that not everybody likes this style of tank but thats OK, I like it. I call it the Nick method.

Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
PH 7.2
Water temp 27.8 deg C.

Ok so its water change day for the girls.

Now some of you are going to be horrified when you see this, But relax its cool.

Take 1 bucket half fill with water, Take 2 Indian almond leaves crush them and stuff them into a power head filter, then put in bucket of water, after 2 days you get this.
dpfiKMP.jpg

Next siphon out 50% of the water in the tank and refill with the water from the bucket in the above photo. When done add 30 milliliters of Easy Life fluid Filter Media.

This video shows me adding Easy life and how much current there is in the tank, The cloudiness is normal and clears up in a few hours.

They are upset I didnt put any food in with the easy life .

Last edited:
Ok so its water change day for the girls.

Now some of you are going to be horrified when you see this, But relax its cool.

Take 1 bucket half fill with water, Take 2 Indian almond leaves crush them and stuff them into a power head filter, then put in bucket of water, after 2 days you get this.
dpfiKMP.jpg

Next siphon out 50% of the water in the tank and refill with the water from the bucket in the above photo. When done add 30 milliliters of Easy Life fluid Filter Media.

This video shows me adding Easy life and how much current there is in the tank, The cloudiness is normal and clears up in a few hours.

They are upset I didnt put any food in with the easy life .
You don't put conditioner in?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back