My New Project For A Local Charity.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Video time.
View My Video

as you can see the Tetras seem to love all the swimming space especially the Rummy nose.

NickAu said:
I was in LFS today talking about Angels when the owner suggested it was prob not the best option, He also likes the idea of small fish, so after a bit of a discussion about various things I walked out with.

10 Rummy nose Tetras.
10 Flame Tetras
10 Black Widow Tetras
10 Neon Tetras.
All for free, Ok hes the guy who buys my BN fry so it was store credit.

I am also putting in 15 Hengeli Rasboras I had to rehouse because my Betta was killing them.

Waiting for everything to settle down so I can get photos.

So its 2 BN plecs, 5 Clown Loaches and 55 little fish.
Lamp eyes are amazing in a planted tank, especially en-mass.
They can be seen in this video
><)))*> Goodbye Juwel Vision, Planted Aquarium Breakdown

They look cool.

Indeed they are... There are a couple of fairly recent discussions about them on the forum. They are far better to be seen within the aquarium than on video as they have great personalities.

You know, I'm not sure if I've actually said this before Nick but you actually deserve a medal. You've taken this tank on and brought it back to life and all out of the kindness of your heart. I think you are one amazing guy and I hope you see some recognition for what you've done. The tank looks amazing :)

RCA - was that your tank in the video? If so what are the exciting plans for it?

RCA said:
Indeed they are... There are a couple of fairly recent discussions about them on the forum. They are far better to be seen within the aquarium than on video as they have great personalities.

I second that !!! they look much better in person and tight school to boot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ1zFFCRTA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqIf0BUtoLw

PS.

Anybody that can catch the black male Molly can have him and I will give you a months food for him, He is a quick little sucker.

Mollies are fairly easy to catch, but you have to use their gluttony against them.

As soon as he sees the net he is off like a torpedo.

Akasha72 said:
 RCA - was that your tank in the video? If so what are the exciting plans for it?

Yes, sadly it is having to be shut down. Plans will appear once I have moved so it will be some time. If I have the room I would like a 450 Juwel Vision, but layout designs are still whirling around in my head.

NickAu said:
PS.

Anybody that can catch the black male Molly can have him and I will give you a months food for him, He is a quick little sucker.
As an animal behaviourist, I was taught "it is always best to be patient and wait for an animal to offer a behaviour than to force it". I have found remembering this when I catch fish and having a very large net is the most successful way. That said, I like the Molly, he makes a lovely feature fish and is obviously very healthy

RCA said:
As an animal behaviourist, I was taught "it is always best to be patient and wait for an animal to offer a behaviour than to force it". I have found remembering this when I catch fish and having a very large net is the most successful way. That said, I like the Molly, he makes a lovely feature fish and is obviously very healthy
Absolutely! I'm a vet nurse and patience is my middle name. I also like the Molly, he's clearly a character.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back