My New Pair Of Apistogramma Cacatuoides Orange Flash Juveniles

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

davidjp1982

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just picked this pair up this week male looks a bit thin and pale and wouldn't eat for a few days but have slowly got him to accept bloodworm and now BBS so hope to get him into condition soon :)

fish 004.jpg

fish 008.jpg

fish 013.jpg

fish 021.jpg

Love them :) Glad to hear they are feeding now :) They will soon learn that when you are near it means food so will soon start taking what ever you put in :)

Really like the floating plants :) Have you thought about putting a black background on the tank? It will really make the red of the male pop out even more!

Wills

Thanks
smile.png
I had a black background on my last tank but I quite like the open back on this one. It is lowlight with very tannin stained waters so the open back helps a little with letting in a bit more light I feel.
smile.png

Ah I see excellent that your using tannin stained water very good for them :) Have you ever read Alf Stahlsberg site about Apistos? Well worth a read.

I really want a second tank for dwarf cichlids :( I have a real craving for Laetacaras...

Wills

Wills said:
Ah I see excellent that your using tannin stained water very good for them
smile.png
Have you ever read Alf Stahlsberg site about Apistos? Well worth a read.

I really want a second tank for dwarf cichlids
sad.png
I have a real craving for Laetacaras...

Wills

Nope but just googled him thanks :) He looks quite a character! Definitely go for the dwarf tank you will love it!
Also if you like reading about collecting wild specimens like on Alf's site I highly recommend Tom C's website http://apisto.sites.no/default.aspx Lots of expedition reports and photos in the articles section :)

wow what a site!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back