My new obsession: Mystery snails

Oh good luck keeping the bettas away from it. I use calcium powder you can find it in health food shops.

I just threw some of the jello food in the sorority and the planted ten with the snails+loaches. The corydoras were on it in no time flat, then Rose and Nova (VT) starting in on it. Last I checked the little BN was munching away on it.

The gold mystery is the first to find it in Otabek's tank. The other snails are zoning in on it, hopefully there will be some left for them as the loaches and the plakat are also going at it. They all seem pretty content, lets just hope the bits of egg shell don't cause problems. I'm definitely going to use the powdered calcium next time.

I have something similar to that type of food, just less veggies and more meaty foods. Their spirulina pellets aimed at African cichlids, they look the same and even have the probiotics, but are more expensive. I'll have to get these next time when the pellets I have now run out. I feel like those would be a great food for Africans as well, they also love their veggies, always eating the poor plecos veggie slices.

I just threw some of the jello food in the sorority and the planted ten with the snails+loaches. The corydoras were on it in no time flat, then Rose and Nova (VT) starting in on it. Last I checked the little BN was munching away on it.

The gold mystery is the first to find it in Otabek's tank. The other snails are zoning in on it, hopefully there will be some left for them as the loaches and the plakat are also going at it. They all seem pretty content, lets just hope the bits of egg shell don't cause problems. I'm definitely going to use the powdered calcium next time.

Yes snello is a hit with all the fish.

I've just discovered something that I am not too thrilled about. The little pink snail is dead :( A few days ago I also went on the hunt for the small brown one (in Otabek's tank) only to find it very smelly as well. I wasn't too surprised about the brown one, but the pink one was a disappointment. It had been doing really well, much more active than the purple one.

Not sure what would of caused it to die, Grey pays no mind to them whatsoever. Only thing I can come up with is the water being too warm (a toasty 84ish due to an over active pre-set heater). I've since moved the purple snail into a breeder box in my fry tank. It's already come out and is crawling around.

As a side note, the 3 adult snails are still active but not laying eggs.

I traded more fry in and decided to get 3 more snails, 2 look to be the same color as pink one that died and another one looks purple-ish with a pale body. They've joined the purple one in the breeder basket, they'll be getting plenty of food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back