My New Friend

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Meep

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
A purply-blue olour with red fins.  Very handsome fella named Freddie as in Queen ;)
Only got him yesterday so hes very new and still shy.  Mostly eyeing his reflection :( but has had a little explore around the tank.  Hoping he'll settle in well, might have to buy him a little cave structure.

He's very pretty. I'd get a cave. It's normal for them to eye their reflection when settling in
smile.png

Ninjouzata said:
He's very pretty. I'd get a cave. It's normal for them to eye their reflection when settling in
smile.png
Thanks, I really like him.
He has had a little explore but is hiding up top by the filter a lot at the moment.  Thinking his own cave would be best as the Corys have already claimed under the rock and the other arch in it is a little too small for him - he's tried it.  They're supremely unbothered by each other though.

I have had a betta for 3 years and the first thing he does every morning is go to the back of the tank and flare at his reflection in the black background for a few minutes before settling down enough to let me feed him.  I'm pretty sure after all this time he's still convinced there is another betta over there :)  I've been told that occasional flaring is actually healthy for them, you don't want them so stressed out their constantly doing it but a little aggression is good for everyone, I think!

It gets the blood pumping. One of the most causes of betta deaths is fatty build up around their heart. One reason bowls are very unhealthy. No room, no exercise. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back