My New 30 Litre Biorb

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HippoHen

Reaction score
Hey there everyone! (Sorry in advance for this small essay lol)
Well its been a long time since I was last on this forum. The last time I was here I posted a couple of topics about breeding kribensis and what to do with the fry. Just like to say thank you for all your help back then, really helped me out.

Anyway Im a student in my 3rd year of university which means Im now back at uni and the 2 tanks that I have are at my mum's house being cared for by her. Which meant that id be fishless for yet another year while I was away at uni :( I kept nagging my girlfriend to get me a tank for my birthday, and yesterday (a few weeks late lol) she finally bought me one but....... Its a 30 litre BiOrb. She won it on ebay and i went with her to pick it up. The man had emptied the water to just above the height of the media on the bottom, but not sure if there had been any fish in it for a while so not sure if the media is "mature" or not. Heres a pic of it all set up.

d610d2ef.jpg

Anyway I must say im pretty pleased with it, theres quite a few scratches on it but hey ho Im sure ill get over it. It also came with some water conditioner and a heater.
Well the first thing to do is to get this ready for some fish, will buy a test kit tomorrow.
Not sure what stocking route im gonna go down, thinking I might leave it coldwater and just have some white cloud mountain minnows in there, but am also tempted to go add the heater and put a pair of dwarf gouramis in there. Decisions decisions.....

Anyway let me know what you all think and please feel free to add some suggestions to what I should put in there.
Cheers

A pair of Dwarf Gourami really wouldn't be the best idea to put in that i'm afraid, in my opinion it is WAY too small for such stocking.
I am not very well educated in the way of Biorbs, but the threads i have read have mentioned not alot more than Chill Rasbora and other micro fish, as well as maybe Ember Tetra and/or Endler Guppy.
Also, if there is no source of Ammonia in your tank then what mature media (if any) that you had will die off pretty quickly, add some fish food flakes if you do not have a bottle of household Ammonia.

Hope this helps,
Terry.

A pair of Dwarf Gourami really wouldn't be the best idea to put in that i'm afraid, in my opinion it is WAY too small for such stocking.
I am not very well educated in the way of Biorbs, but the threads i have read have mentioned not alot more than Chill Rasbora and other micro fish, as well as maybe Ember Tetra and/or Endler Guppy.
Also, if there is no source of Ammonia in your tank then what mature media (if any) that you had will die off pretty quickly, add some fish food flakes if you do not have a bottle of household Ammonia.

Hope this helps,
Terry.

Cheers for the advice there. Will put a small pinch of food in there now. Do you think 5-6 white cloud mountain minnows will be ok in there if i dont go down the tropical route?

I had 4 white clouds in a 17L cube for quite some time (now in a 106L), but that was heavily filtered/aerated by two Eheim HOB filters...

Whiteclouds will survive in there, but they won't enjoy it as such.

The problem with these things is the darn shape.

You might get away with Endlers or galaxy rasboras, or cherry shrimp perhaps?

Well there go the hopes of having it as a coldwater set up :( Do you think a few male guppys will go ok in it?

Most reactions

trending

Back