My Guppy Has Been Pregnant For 4 Months

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thank you for the replies like :) unfortunately the guppy ended up dying several days after I had posted this :( however with the intestinal worms are they contagious because the other fish mostly ate her before my brother had the chance to notice and remove her corpse :/

If one fish in the tank has worms, then there is a very high chance all the others have worms too.

It wouldn't hurt to treat all your tanks for worms.

Worms are one of the things that should be treated for when new fish are in quarantine, however that is too little too late now :(

Hi, did anyone have a solution to this problem as my brother has a guppy he got off me, she's been pregnant for approx 4 months and a week or so, and she is so large that her scales have begun to stick out like they're flaking off due to her size. I'm concerned about the fish's health and am wondering if I can help her at all.

My guppy just died of dropsy. It happened fast. My other female seems to be pregnant for months....! Not sure what to do.

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate any time a fish dies. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Then monitor the fish and see if they are doing anything unusual.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back