My Guppy Fry Has Some Thing Attached

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Joinerlavin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
One of my guppy fry has something attached underneath its belly, at first last week when they were born i thought it was the egg sack and would dissapear, but its still there it looks kinda see-through, round with a dark orange speck in the middle. what could this be?

Guppies breed so much that one sometimes gets to actually see those statistically rare genetic outliers unfortunately. Let's hope its not that but something that will drop off and the fish will be ok. Otherwise it might have to go to the icewater.

~~waterdrop~~

although it may be accepted its still not nice for the fish if you are going to euthansia the fish i recommend alkaseltzer in water knocks the fish out and then kills it without to much suffering

I hate having to put diseased/deformed fish out of their misery..but....imo.. the best way (if u have the stomach) is to get a carving knife and very quickly but accurately chop off its head.

Sounds evil but its all over in less than a second

Or put the fish to be killed in a tank with much bigger fish?

I apologize to everyone for bringing up the subject of euthanasia in this thread. The subject can explode and be a pain to everyone. Newcomers may not realize that there are already many huge, long threads on TFF on the subject. People have lots of different opinions about lots of different methods and sometimes its hard to stop these from all flooding out whenever it comes up again. Perhaps we can just let this die (pun, sorry!)

~~waterdrop~~

its a week old now, if i catch him and put him in my main tank, will he get eaten and die quick by my angel fish????

Can you get a picture of him?

He is suffering from it at all? If he was weak I would have thought he would die off naturally. If he seems strong he may be fine as he is.

he was really small and tiny couldnt swim propaly, and went down a treat for my angelfish :) lol.

...mother natures way of preserving the chemical energy that went into building those high level organic molecules, keeping it up within other complex living things I guess. At least its resolved for you now J.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back