My Garra Rufa Is Going To Die...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Madjonny

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Not really an emergency as there's nothing I can do about it, I have no hospital tank or anything...

My garra rufa is on his belly spinning round the same way, his body seems permanently bent to the left, his nostrils and eyes are bulging and just now his face is changing colour, has a red tinge to it...

Now a swordtail platy is... Well I don't know what shes doing, nudging, ramming, biting, kissing, whatever... She keeps bashing into the garra while he's clearly distressed.

Water levels are as they should be, nothing has been added or done to the tank since Sundays water change...

There's nothing I can do, but I just want to know why? What could the problem be and how could it have been avoided... It's just so frustrating! You think your doing everything right, giving them everything they need but yet again more problems!

Any ideas or advice? Thanks...

I think you should euthanize him immediately. I use blunt impact. Against a wall or a hammer will do. Clove oil if you have any.
As to your questins, I'm sorry but I don't know. :(

Well he's gone...

He was one of my favourites, so good to watch...

Pic below, looks very bruised, wether this is why he died not sure, or if this is a result of the platy earlier...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 132

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back