My Fluval Roma 125 & Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JamieM

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So i had been after a Tank for agesss!

I decided i quite liked the look of the Fluval Roma 125, id herd nothing bad on them so one tuesday night i popped down to my local 'Pets At Home' store and went for it!

I bought

1x Fluval Roma 125 Tank which came complete with:

Fluval 3 PLUS filter
2 x 24" 20 watt GLO fluorescent lighting
150 watt Fluval Tronic heater
Nutrafin Care Pack (LCD thermometer,100ml Nutrafin Aqua Plus & Cycle. 26g Nutrafin Tropical Flake food).
Fluval Step-by-Step guide

My extras include; 1x large back of clear gravel, 1x large bag of clear sand & a funky Arch rock.

So i started off abit hmmm wrong? Basically although i spent 3 hours sifting through the sand it still managed to go cloudy the water ran clear before :| but anyway heres the picy;

05032008457.jpg

As you can see something wasnt right..

So i thought bugger this for a game of soldiers.. i started from scratch.

060320b08466.jpg

Now that was much better then before but still cack imo so, i decided it was time to spend a little more on something which would imo look the part so off i went to Lakeside shopping centre thurok and bought a £60 Shipwreck & a Airstone kit which is cool :)

12032008543.jpg

Now then still this wasnt what i was looking to end it with, it just looked to plain. Ahh i know what was missing! Plants Doh!

So on my quest to find plantation.. it lead me to Ebay.. 50 plants for £10 BARGAIN.

And tbh until they got here i was thinking jesus why didnt i just pay the price. Well Im glad i didnt as they are fantastic.

IMG_6172.jpg

So the tank was setup after almost 2 weeks and in the picture above you get a quick sneek peek at my Rather large Angel fish,

So as the tank stands (pretend its waiting for fish)

JIIJ.jpg

What to add what to add..

Ive always had a thing for Crown Tail Siamese Fighters but not many fish are really compatable with them (most fish seem to be fin nippers :|) after narrowing my choices down i found a Gourami fish in a really bright, vibrant orange! and a funky Black yellow & gold angel fish although they are meant to be fin nippers they dont seem to be bothered by the other in their tank at pets at home.. I paid £10 for the both of them due to a screw up behind the till! Bargain,.

I had already ordered and named my CT off ebay. Hes called Deadly Nightshade and can be seen below.

DeadlyNightshadeee.jpg

Gourami fish aka Claud

IMG_6118RR.jpg

Angel aka Butch

IMG_613c6.jpg

I also have a pleco to do some cleaning works lol

Hope you enjoyed my thread (probably not)

More fish to come when im not skint lol

Comments welcome as always,

JamieM

Jamie, your a genius :good:

it looks amazing, keep your eye on the two tone plant at the front right hand side, they arent proper aquarium plants and are prone to rot, having said that i have 2 in mine and no probs, but thats something someone on here told me, so just advice :)

but a truely excellent job done ! well done

shelagh xxxx

Thanks alot :)

Theyve cost me an arm and a leg to get to this stage but its well worth it :) especially when i see my fish are well look happy :)

Update

So i decided to add a few fish to my community tank, the good news is they all get along:)

I got another plec

Dipsy.jpg

Some clown loaches which i think are brothers/sisters as they never do anything alone..

Jamiem.jpg

(quite cute)

& an Elephant nose which is quite the hyper fish lol

dolphin.jpg

Heres a pic of the community and the hidding Angel in the background :)

dd-2.jpg

Enjoy!!!

Hes a community betta doesnt go for anything wont even flare for a mirror so he gets along fine :)

However originally i had my other CT Deadly Nightshade in there and hell broke loose so i bought him a tank of his own lol

Thats some potentially large fish you got there :) nice tank, big?

Its a Fluval Roma 125 litre tank its not the biggest but not the smallest :) thanks for the comment on the fish :good:

You have some really big fish in there now (potentially) and tbh one really unsuitable in particular, that being the Elephant nose..they do far better in shoals.

I have two Elephant fish on order at the minute, they only had one in my local pets at home,

They also said theyd be fine, not that i trust them completely

Plec looks like a young common/gibby and the clowns need around 100g :) Its all easy mistakes to make though, i accidently bought a gibby plec last year and only recently managed to get rid of it after realising what it was.

Not much i can say to that really lol

From what ive heard theyre not rapid growers the loaches so hopefully theyl be ok and if need be il have to give them away or upgrade when they do :)

That is some journey you have made.....from the cloudy beginnings to what looks like a beaut of an aquarium now. Not only enjoyed seeing your tank and fish but like to see what people are posting regarding fish types and their preferences for being loners or shoalers.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back