My fish is swimming weird!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vossy121

Reaction score
My German blue ram is swimming up side down and side ways!!!!!! Is 1 gallon big enough for a quarantine tank???? What is wrong with him?? How do I stop it?

He's now swimming properly after I took all plants/ ornaments out ready for a clean? Should I still move him to the other tank

Unless you can add a cycled filter and heater to your small tank, the fish is better off where it is.

Can you give us more details of your set up, please? (tank size, inhabitants, and water test results; including pH and hardness, if you know them)

Without that information it'll be very hard for us to get to the root of the problem.

75 gal (20 L)
x2 Dwarf Gouramis
x4 Tetras
x2 Blue German Rams

Don't test the water just put tropical conditioning salts and water ager in

You should definitely not be adding any kind of salt to a tank with rams; they are a soft water fish and are extremely intolerant of salts/minerals.

And all fishkeepers should have water tests. Most fish 'diseases' are down to environmental factors.

The salts I put in are for tropical fish though? It's meant to make them healthier and more colourful? I had 2 filters in at the time and it was a pretty intense current and he's doing fine now with only one now!! Thanks for the help!!

I think my other ram is fighting my ram!! Visible red marks on the scales and fins! The aggressor always chases the victim around and flares up!! What can I do about this?

Attachments

• IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    943.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    680.4 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    784.3 KB · Views: 226

Most reactions

trending