My Fish Are Dying Slowly

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

t..j

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ive got a 2ft tank of which ive up and running for about 6 months now ,every thing was fine until i done a partial water change last week.my filter broke so i went to my local fish store and got a new one they told me to take the media out of my old filter an
d wash the new one together and that what i did, also i put some of the old media in the filter to help my cycle.all was fine until yesterday.4 fish have died since friday and the rest have been since sitting at the bottom.i can see that they are unhappy what shall i do ?i dont want to loose any more fish.

1 dawf blue ram
2 swordtails(male female)
3 platys ( 2 male 1 female)
1 kuli loach
1 upside down cat fish
4 silver tip tetras

the fish that i lost are
1 upside down cat fish
1 candy loach
2 green tiger barbs

Do you have water stats that you could post? Ammonia, nitrate, nitrite readings?

How often have you been doing water changes? once a week?

What size is your tank?

Does your filter agitate the surface of you tank water?

my water status are as follows ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20

my tank size is 2ft and my filter is below the water and i do weekly water changes.i have lost another fish since my last post .i need help please. :no:

did you use a bucket (thing holding water) that has been used for ANYTHING else except that fish tank water changes.
did you use declorinator (i dont think your stupid by the way, just questions that may help)
do you have an airpump to agitate the water surface.
when people say what size is your tank they mean volume liters or gallons (state UK or US with galllons), so what size is your tank?

did you use a bucket (thing holding water) that has been used for ANYTHING else except that fish tank water changes.
did you use declorinator (i dont think your stupid by the way, just questions that may help)
do you have an airpump to agitate the water surface.
when people say what size is your tank they mean volume liters or gallons (state UK or US with galllons), so what size is your tank?

i use the same buckets as i always do,i never use them for nothing but my water changes and yes i do use a declorinator.i do have an airpump for my tank,with my air stone.they size of my tank is 22 us litres .i can understand all the question every bit of info is useful. :good: thankyou

i have just found two silver tip tetras dead in my tank and 1 of them looked like it had a white fluffy ball on it can any one got any ideas please. -_- :no:

sounds like a normal fungal infection one of my angels had a fluff ball on its nose a fungal treatment should sort it it did for me! be careful though as can harm delicate fish hope that helps good luck

In a small fully stocked tank it is very easy for things to go wrong quickly. Keep up with the water changes (maybe 15% daily for a while) and add some fungus meds carefully following the instructions. Good Luck.

thanks for the replys.the only fish i have left is kuli loach
upside down cat fish
2 swordtails
2 platys
and 3 sliver tip tetras

and they are all still behaving very strange,so i just hope that wen i do these daily water changes and put the meds in it will inprove.thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back