My F1's

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

majerah1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Father was a royal blue, mother was platinum. Hoping next spawn to get some platinums. Love how this spawn turned out, not a whole lot of fish but the ones I got are pretty great! 

This guy is feathertailed. Doesn't seem to be due to webbing, just the shape of the finnage and branching. 

For awhile he was my favorite, and still a special guy. Won't surprise me if he goes full solid eventually. 

Shorter finnage, but spunky as can be! 

Love this guys additude. 

This guy has great color, nice and solid! 

Best butterfly pattern. 

This guy will be spawned back to mom, in hopes of giving me more platinums. 

I only had two females from this spawn, and this one is the best. 

Second female. 

Love the way they flare! 

Showing his true color, it seems its easier from above with my camera. 

From above.

So all in all a good bit of variety in finnage and a ton of butterfly patterning. Heavy marble genetics, which I am ok with, I can work on breeding it out. Thoughts?

Excellent pics, they are stunning,  almost converting me to have a betta now :lol:

Ch4rlie said:
Excellent pics, they are stunning,  almost converting me to have a betta now :lol:
Ch4rlie! Join the club! haha

Btw Bev, stunning bettas! I am sure you cant stop looking at them! Excited for their growth!

Yes, Ch4rlie join us! 

Thanks very much! I am pleased with them sure enough. I fished the last four from the holding pond yesterday and was happy that two more were female. These two were more white than the two blue ladies above so I was happy to see that. 

bettas are thai fish and IAM from thailand yeAAAhhhaaa!
i have a red and blue halfmoon

Nice bettas! How old are these guys? I'm curious because I am new to bettas, but I have a few younger ones I got from the LFS, but I can't find a lot of info about how to determine age unless you raised them yourself.  

These guys are about three months old, give or take. Still young. 

They are all so beautiful!!!

I have a question though. I am interested in sometime (when I get the space) start breeding bettas (there really isn't any breeders around me) but I can't figure out what I would keep the babies in once they get to where they need to be separated. What do you use? Do people just have like 30ish (honestly, I don't even know what number I should have when I do attempt breeding) 5 gallon tanks in a room that they keep their bettas in or is there some sort of smaller container that is acceptable to keep them in?  

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back