My Discus Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
taking shape nicely mate :good: that eel is 1 strange looking creature aint it , but at the same time you cant help but like it for its sheer oddness.

thats it Mark he doesn;t fit in at all but I can;t sell him now
The 5 neons I bought as a test have been in for 2 weeks no problems now.I;ve paid for 40 cardinals but theyre not getting delivered till its warmer. Can;t wait to get them in there

you can use string/cotton/fishing line. It just depends how you want it to look. I personally like superglue, it only take about 20 sec to cure. You don't see line or string then.

bought three more discus today , didn;t plan to till after xmas for money reasons however I have no will power and I;m enjoying this set up so far

I got a blue turk a red turk and a pigeon blood.

pics later

bought three more discus today , didn;t plan to till after xmas for money reasons however I have no will power and I;m enjoying this set up so far

I got a blue turk a red turk and a pigeon blood.

pics later

blue turqs are 1of my fave strains. gorgeous when they colour up. what size are they mate?

they're omly small mate about 3 inches the ones I;ve had for a couple of weeks are doing well, the three I added yesterday not so well just yet as the existing ones are being aggressive

yeah it can be quite troublesome adding new discus to an existing group . hopefuly thing will calm down a bit once the new peckin order is established. on the plus side at least the newbies have plenty o f space to try and keep out of the way .

When ever I add new discus to my old ones I do it after a huge wc. I move things around a bit
then add the fish. With in a day most discus are cool with the new guy. I will sometimes find the discus at the bottom of the pecking order to be the biggest bully to the new guy. I also find it best with discus under 3" to keep in QT a bit longer to help them get nice and strong then add to the group. I never add discus straight to my tank from the bag.

I Have added 3 discus each were put in alone to my first 3 older guys with little to no prop. Once they get to know each other it is amazing how well they get along.

Good luck I can't wait for more fish photos.

Heres some new pics including the red and blue turk and the pigeon blood... well thats how they were advertised anyway

The first discus I bought died this week but it never eat and was always bullied. The existing 6 are eating well super active and look fab so fingers crossed

019-22.jpg

016-26.jpg

009-44.jpg

002-58.jpg

001-63.jpg

003-59.jpg

020-24.jpg

coming along nicely mate . :good:

cheers Mark :good:

got to get the fern strapped to some wood this weekend, get another few plants and then take delivery of my cardinals at some point. 40 will look nice in there!!

Maybe a couple more discus and although I like the angels may move them on and just have the discus as the bigger fish enabling them to get all thefood as well... not sure yet on angels?/?

that nice big shoal of cards you got coming will finish it off nicely , they look the nuts in a big shoal . will add some movement to the tank too . :good: give it 2 or 3 months fed well with plenty of nice clean water you should really see a difference in the discus too . all in all a real nice tank in the making mate .

They look good and will get better and better as they grow. very nice. :good:

Simon if you can get down here you can have my 2 turks for real cheap i need rid of them

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back