IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

Wow, very nice tank, love the shape. Got a striped Annistonus myself, very reclusive though mine, do you find thaty with yours?

I love your tank, great pictures too. The fish look very healthy and the colors are gorgeous. Thanks for posting! :)

what size of tank do you need to keep denisonii barbs in (red line's) ??????????

Wow, very nice tank, love the shape. Got a striped Annistonus myself, very reclusive though mine, do you find thaty with yours?
i fort it was a head stander summit or is that the proper name? i think mine thinks its a redline topedo barb as it chills with them all the time people say they can be very aggresive but not mine

what size of tank do you need to keep denisonii barbs in (red line's) ??????????
not sure proberly about 40 gallon plus!! as there very active fish

ooo, i have a 240l tank. that must be 52.8 imp Gallons. wow i got room! how many do you recommend? i know they are not the cheapest! 2 to start?

i would say 3 plus but if i bought mine again i would get seven as they look stunning in the tank

Yeah their name is Anistonus anistonus I think, they have lots of common names like Headstander and Striped anistonus. They are meant to be really aggressive, I have caught mine chasing my Green Terror, but not very often. They are meant to strip the scales from slow moving fish, I was surprised it would be ok with Discus, although does their mucus thing mean they are scale-less?

Nice tank, what are the original 5?
the original 5 are 3 clown loaches, the pics i take of them never look right and my redtail black shark and my common pleck all were bought at the same time aswell

Really Nice tank! :drool:

How many litres is it??
its 90 gallon dunno what that is in litres

Yeah their name is Anistonus anistonus I think, they have lots of common names like Headstander and Striped anistonus. They are meant to be really aggressive, I have caught mine chasing my Green Terror, but not very often. They are meant to strip the scales from slow moving fish, I was surprised it would be ok with Discus, although does their mucus thing mean they are scale-less?
strip the scales ill look in to that as that dont sound good. had the headstander about 3 months now not noticed any thing mean with him, dont you think they have weird mouths?

Still looking as good as ever :drool: . Beautiful fish, all of them.
regards Angel
why thanks angelmouse, had eggs again now a few more times but they dont last more than 20 seconds

Haha, yeah their mouth is funny looking. It looks to me like it has evolved to graze algae or some sort from the underneath of rocks from their natural habitats.

As for the scale stripping, I have seen it try it with the Severum in mine, which is why I brought up the Discus, being similar in shape and how they move. It wasn't anything extreme just a couple of little niggles. I would just keep an eye on him incase, sure you dont want anything nasty happening to the Discuss. I think the funniest part is when they graze upside down off bogwood or slate, looks really funny.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back