My boy is finally building bubble nests!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Elisabeth83

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I haven't posted in forever but some of you probably remember my posts about how my boys never built nests and I couldn't figure out why. I tried everything. I always thought they were unhappy.

Since I started keeping fish I've had 5 bettas. 2 passed away due to columnaris :crazy: and the other 3 I've had for awhile living in a divided 14 gallon tank. Well about 2 weeks ago I decided to give 2 of the boys to my lfs. I have 4 other tanks and I was just swamped with all the work. I kept my oldest boy...the one I've had for the longest time who survived the columnaris outbreak.

I got a nice 1 gallon bowl added a heater some marbles and a nice plant that has big leaves. Since the day I put him in he has been building bubble nests. They are nice big bubble nests too. I feel so proud of him. I didn't even know he knew how to build a nest :lol: He seems so much happier to be on his own.

I'm starting to think that keeping boy bettas divided in a tank is not a good idea. Even though I used some black plastic over the dividers they could still see eachother ...they didn't flare at eachother anymore but I still think they were stressed out. Maybe there is some kind of scent emitted?? Not sure :unsure:

I'm going to try and attach a pic of my boys bubble nest :wub:

Attachments

• betta14.JPG
    betta14.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 46
Congrats! He's very pretty and the new bowl is nice. He seems very happy! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back