My BN Pleco is mental

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gruntle

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Last night I heard some quite loud splashing noises from my tank. I turned around to see my female BN Pleco doing hot laps at the top of the tank. She'd stop for a while, sucking onto the tank wall, then tear off again. The splashing was coming from her tail (which probably goes without saying but I'm running on very little sleep).

This morning she is peacefully resting on the bottom of the tank like nothing happened.

She's about 2 years old and fully grown.

I'm wondering if this is normal, or if she's lonely, or just wanted to let off some steam.

I hear my pair splash around from time to time but thats usually the male chasing the female when she gets too close, they dont fight just chase.

Yes, my BN's are always fighting, my albino female used to be king of the old tank but once they were in a new tank, that comepletly changed, whenever she nears the male's territory she gets chased, which often leads to loud splashy noises as well. It could be that she was feeling funny also, as Plecos will go to the surface and breathe air if they feel that they need more air then they will go up to the surface continuously

seek aquatic Psychiatic help asap ;)

my tiger barbs thrash around and splash at the surface when I go near the tank when it's dark.

My sole BN pleco likes to rearrange the sand substrate at night but never splashes near the surface.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back