My Betta's Tail Is Falling Off!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

amio

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Okay, so my turquoise vt, Usurper, lives in a one-gallon bowl. I gave him that name cos his bowl used to be Iscariot's (my first betta). Early this morning when I came home I noticed some long, white, leaf-like objects on the bed of his bowl. Then I realized they were pieces of Usurper's caudal fin (tail). I looked at him closely and noticed that his caudal fin was thinner. And when I got up a few minutes ago his tail was almost gone. They weren't ripped or anything. It looks more like his tail is falling off. I mean, the tail loss is from the base of his tail. What could be happening here? Will his tail ever grow back?

Oh, and one more thing. The bettas in my sixty-gallon divided tank are getting sick. White spots are appearing all over their bodies. I noticed some mold-like hairy substance sticking on the driftwood I put in the tank. I've removed the driftwood and I'm gonna do a water change later. What could I do to make my bettas okay? Can the white spots be removed?

Tail problem = fin rot

White spots = ick

Please refer to the pinned topics for treatment suggestions (as I'm too lazy to look and type it :lol: )

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back