My Betta Percy

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

UPDATE:
Ordered the glue. Should be here on Friday (just in time for the week's tank work). Still need some advice on natural-looking aquascaping. Anything will be helpful, no need to sugar coat an answer.

I also just realised it has been a while since either have made a bubble nest. Does this suggest an issue? Both bettas are acting normal (come to the front to greet anyone passing, healthy appetite, normal appearance). Why might this being happening?

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this, but I will continue to update. I was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions about: a. how to make my tank look more natural and b. why my betta hasn't made a bubble nest for a while. Any help or comments are appreciated.

Im reading it ;)
About your betta idk, im not a betta guy lol. Natural as in how natural? like high tech, low tech, medium tech (fertilizers, if so what kind?)

ah ok; hey here are some plant suggestions, some you may already have:
vallisneria Sp.
pearlweed (great carpeting plant)
hydro japan (maybe)
wisteria
anubias sp.
ludwigia
Java moss
java fern
and other people can suggest more, i never was a low tech guy but i know whats hard and whats low tech easy :)

Thanks. Will look into these. Not sure what I got (I bought them years back), I at least know java moss. Any thoughts on the scaping? Like what I could do to make it look better (e.g. move this or that)?

as far as scaping, i cant correct what you have their lol; i suggest you google low tech aquascapes, great inspiration you will find.
Master scaper, you will be.
Young jedi; you are...

So many ideas. Problem is I'm reasonably limited by the divider. Darn. Well, I'll see what I can figure out. Probably won't be doing another major update again until the weekend (or when the glue arrives, whichever first).

The glue arrived today! It is MXBON Super Glue Gel, as a mentioned earlier. In a bit of a hurry right now, but thought I would update. Will have a bigger one tomorrow, if time permits. Looking for any instructions of use, e.g. how not to poison my fish. Any help with how to use aquarium glue would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The glue arrived today! It is MXBON Super Glue Gel,
Dont stick your fingers together like I did.

Okay, tomorrow is the big rescape. I'm thinking about moving the heater to the back, and the wood to the left (to make it more visually pleasing). I also want to move the weird fluffy plant and long one (very educated description, I know) to the back, and leave those little ones where they are. I'm a bit reluctant to move the java moss because Percy loves it there. Unfortunately, I can't scape that much due to the small amount of room. :( No big rocks or new driftwood that means. Time for the questions. According to this thread: http://www.caudata.org/forum/f46-be.../106482-mxbon-super-glue-gel-my-axolotls.html you have to cure the glue. How?

Plant Update:
I have cut that list down to three: Pearlweed, java fern and anubias. How difficult is pearlweed? I am thinking of possibly getting a rock (for a corner) so that I can put one species on the wood and one on the rock. Are there any rocks that won't change the water chemistry? I don't want to harm Percy.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back