My Betta Disappeared

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

0_Infinite_0

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a male betta in a 10 gallon tank and when I just went to feed them and shut their lights off I couldn't see me betta. He was there this morning when I turned the lights on. He literally just disappeared. I tore the tank apart and check all ornaments and even the filter but I can't find him! I'm assuming he's dead by now, but I have no clue what happened. There are no other fish in the tank, only some mystery snails. I have the tree root ornament from Petsmart. Could he have gotten wedged inside? When I shook it out there was a rotting smell, but I found a dead snail in my tank. The tank also has a lid so he couldnt have jumped out. Im really lost for words. Any suggestions?

I have the tree root ornament from Petsmart. Could he have gotten wedged inside?

Anything is possible, Re check everything Bettas are great at squeezing into tight places.

Also has your tank got a Lid, Bettas are notorious jumpers, I had to lower the water level in my crowntails tank by 5 centimeters because boofhead thinks its fun to try and get the water droplets that build up on the glass lid by jumping, He also loves to jump if he sees a house fly.

Anything is possible, Re check everything Bettas are great at squeezing into tight places.

Also has your tank got a Lid, Bettas are notorious jumpers, I had to lower the water level in my crowntails tank by 5 centimeters because boofhead thinks its fun to try and get the water droplets that build up on the glass lid by jumping, He also loves to jump if he sees a house fly.

I rechecked everything another 2-3 times and he still hasn't shown up... I haven't even found any body parts from him. My tank does have a lid and the water was lowered a few inches.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back