My Betta Can't Find His Food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

barb-e

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I had to move my betta from his 2.5 gallon tank to my empty 10 gallon because the heater in his tank stopped working and it's 30 degrees hear. In the 10 gallon the current from the filter makes his hikari betta bites keep rotating around and he doesn't even notice that they're in there. I don't really think he is used to having so much space and he just keeps moving around and never sees the food. What should I do? I don't want his to starve.

My betta Diego isn't too bright, and he has this problem in his 2.5 gallon lol. The filter current is very mild, but enough that the food swirls around in circles. If I lightly put the food in, he doesn't even realize it. This may sound ridiculous, but it works for him lol. I throw the pellet in, so that it visibly makes an impact in the water and catches his attention. If that doesn't works, I poke the pellet a little until he sees what I'm doing and then is like, ohhhh there's food in here!! Dunno if that will help you, but it works for me lol.

What about turning the filter off for a bit when you feed him. As this little bit of the filter being off won't hurt him because he won't make that much mess. And then you can turn it back on once you have finished feeding him.

My betta Diego isn't too bright, and he has this problem in his 2.5 gallon lol. The filter current is very mild, but enough that the food swirls around in circles. If I lightly put the food in, he doesn't even realize it. This may sound ridiculous, but it works for him lol. I throw the pellet in, so that it visibly makes an impact in the water and catches his attention. If that doesn't works, I poke the pellet a little until he sees what I'm doing and then is like, ohhhh there's food in here!! Dunno if that will help you, but it works for me lol.

:lol: :) Thanks! I'll try that.

I have to do that with my old bettas. If I put the pellets in the top they come to the front and look at me as if to say "Food" So I have to take the lid off and poke the pellets so they sink, they then grab them! :lol: :lol:

Thanks everybody. He finally figured it out. This morning he came to the front to say hello and I quickly put in a pellet while I had his attention. He went right for it so I added the rest. So now I just hope he'll do fine in his new home.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back