My Battle With Algae On Anubias

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ag-au

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys!
  Wanted to share what I've had luck with for my anubias and high light tanks. Well, I bought a nana for my 40L and it has pretty high full spectrum light. My anubias nana wasn't doing well and had a lot of black algae on it. What I did was purchased a heavy duty window screen. It is a micro fiber plastic screen for windows. It's not metal, but plastic. I folded a 6x6 piece in half and stuck it under the grow light. It provides a great shadow for the tank and you can control the size of it. I aim it over the anubias and leave the other plants in the high light! This is how it looks(Sorry for the blur, old cell phone took the picture but it shows the shadow well at least)
z2lk.jpg

I've had it on for about a month now, the screen is made for desert type high sunlight conditions. No melting/heat problems and I have it taught so it's not touching the light. The algae died off and isn't back! I run the light for 8hrs/day.

How neat. Glad that worked for you!

Thanks guys! Yeah it's still working. No algae on the anubias yet! Simple. It sucks that I can't have any high lights near but the anubias takes up a good amount of space anyway.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back